The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Harry Potter Book Release Date Announced (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Smarty Pants
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of Smarty Pants
http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/

Hot off the press. The release date has just been announced for JK Rowling's final book. It is July 21st. 2007. Get ready. This will be a big event for kids entertainers, Magicians, Wizards, and those who just do the Silly Stuff!
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
I guess this is a good time to suggest a visit to The Magic Nook to get your act together. Just released - The Instant Wizard in The Wizards' Journal #11. Please note: this is NOT the Instant Magician and you do NOT make physical contact with the child who plays the role of your Wizard Apprentice.

I have about five Wizards that I mentor who have already been booked at various bookstores and libraries for the Harry Potter book release. I can't believe how fast people are jumping on the bandwagon, but I guess they have seen what happened in the past when Pottermania struck and they were left behind in the dust!

Don't forget this July is a double threat with the "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" MOVIE also to be released on July 13th. More gigs to be had entertaining the long lines of kids at movie theaters!
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
jondark445
View Profile
Special user
716 Posts

Profile of jondark445
Hi:

I said this on another thread, but I thought it worth repeating here....

I worked for Barnes & Noble Bookstores for 10 years as a person who booked their events (author signings, children't events, etc). During that time I organized the Harry Potter Release Parties. Barnes & Noble will tell entertainers they have no budget to pay them for this event. If this is the case, then you MUST assume they are lying. They do have a budget, so don't let them get away without paying or with convincing you that the exposure will be more than worth for you if you do it for free.

They have a budget for this. Get paid! I knew too many magicians who did it for free the last time around and that's just not right. The owners of B&N have deep pockets. They can cough up a few bucks to entertain the crowds that night.

--Jon
WayneNZ
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1013 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
The same old story ,

those with plenty of money never like
parting with it.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Just booked my bookstore release party. Sort of sad as this will be the last one but hopefully it will spark a few more Potter parties throughout the summer.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Smarty Pants
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of Smarty Pants
Check the website above again, as there is now news of a possible HP theme park. Wizards..........send in your resumes!
Tony James
View Profile
Inner circle
Cheshire UK
1398 Posts

Profile of Tony James
I shall be offering a no magic magic show.

Just 27 songs.

Jolly good fun.
Tony James

Still A Child At Heart
phaddad2
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of phaddad2
What do most of you do. Just contact the local stores and have them polint you to the people who decide?
Pete H.
jondark445
View Profile
Special user
716 Posts

Profile of jondark445
If you're contacting Barnes & Noble stores you want to ask for the Community Relations Manager. If there's not one assigned to that store then you should either ask for the person handling the Harry Potter Midnight Release Party or the store manager...

--Jon
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On 2007-02-02 16:06, Tony James wrote:
I shall be offering a no magic magic show.

Just 27 songs.

Jolly good fun.

If this is not cross-thread marketing I don't know what is Smile

Nice one Tony!
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Harry Potter Book Release Date Announced (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL