The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Health considerations when producing coins from one's mouth (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ViciousCycle
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of ViciousCycle
I like the effect of popping a coin into one's ear and having it pop out one's mouth. Of course, this always creates the slight risk of accidentally swallowing the coin if one does not carefully position the coin in one's mouth. Swallowing coins is never good for one's health, but be especially careful with pennies minted after 1982. They contain very high levels of zinc. According to an old Environmental Health Perspectives article, the chemical reaction between zinc and stomach acid is like the chemical reaction in wet cell batteries. The article is archived at http://www.ehponline.org/docs/1999/107-6/forum.html .

Of course, the trick is safest when done with olives rather than coins. But one's more likely to carry coins on their person than olives.... =)
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4154 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Interesting article. As a Veterinarian, I can tell you a story about a German Shepherd that presented to my hospital with terrible anemia, and close to death. We took an x ray, and found that he had ingested a penny. We got it out surgically, and the anemia resolved. At the time, there were only a handful of cases in the literature. But that was when zinc was first introduced into the penny. As an aside, I wisely chose NOT to do coin tricks in the room for these owners!
AT LAST - a NEW fun coins across!! MIGRATE is filled with laughs, magic, cool moves, lasts over 3 minutes, uses props, comes in a Poker Chip version or special Deluxe version with coins, and is about...BEARS!
https://youtu.be/gGjMtW1DLjA

Send inquiries to rubinsteindvm@aol.com

Available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used in the book.
Habu
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas / Alabama
393 Posts

Profile of Habu
LOL, well it would have been much more convenient for the dog if you could have just magically removed the coin, although bad for your business as a Veterinarian.

Don't know how often this has been mentioned, but I stopped doing effects of putting things in my ear or nose for the younger children. Even if you explain its magic etc the really young ones will still try it. This comes more from experience as a teacher than as a magician.
www.magicbyhabu.com
Habu: Taken from SR-71 spy plane I worked on. It's name came from a poisonous snake on Okinawa. Hope my magic isn't poisonous!
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Well I use to produce my copper coin from Scotch and soda from my Mouth untill on day it came out with blood on it. Now mind you the responce was freaking great but I amazed myself that day. Only I was never able to reproduce it that way. I don't know why I bled that first time. Good stuff though.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Health considerations when producing coins from one's mouth (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL