The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Magifest 2007 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
We just returned from Magifest and what a great time. It was another stellar convention put on by the "redcoats". It was great to meet Aaron Delong, Daniel Garcia, Cody Fisher, all the others that I met this weekend. It was also nice to see Justin Miller and his lovely and personable wife, Angela, Bob Knigge, Hank Moorehouse, Mike Segal, Lee Asher, Dan Sperry, John Born, Tom Craven, Dinky Gowan, Jep Hostetler, Anthony Miller, David Williamson, the Reed sisters and family, Dakota and his assistants, Steve Kline, and Michael P. Lair.

The shows were produced by Steve Kline who did a great job, as usual. Everything was on time and the only glitch was the curtain at the hotel ballroom stage. It ended up being comic relief in the Saturday night show.

David Williamson was once again available to all most of the weekend. He always seems to always be helping some young magician when I see him. Always positive, giving great advice, and very humble. He inspires me.

Thanks to Anthony Miller for the lesson with my Triple Threat Wallet. His handling tips and advice were a treat for me; thanks Anthony!

Lee Asher's lecture was fantastic! The best one I have seen since Jeff McBride a few years ago. Not only very knowledgeable and willing to share, Lee is a great teacher.

Seeing Howie Schwartzman fry some of the young guns with a matchbox and some pencils was priceless. The looks on their faces was a priceless moment.

To all of the redcoats, I say thank you and well done. To those that attended, we had a great time, and to those that missed, shame on you!

Where else but Magifest...see ya next year!

Scott
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
Kline
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Kline
Scott,
Thanks for the kind words.

SK
Steven Kline
<BR><BR>www.stevenkline.com
<BR><BR>www.stevenklineproductions.com
Follow me on Twitter
@steveklinemagic
Big Daddy Cool
View Profile
Inner circle
1604 Posts

Profile of Big Daddy Cool
Steven did do a great job, along with his assistant Mike, who helped me sound great during the stage competition!

This was a great convention! One of the best times I've had in a long time.

BDC
We'll catch ya on the Back of the Cereal Box!
Johnny
www.johnnybeyond.com
Excaliber
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Excaliber
Yes I just returned as well . And I had a great time. ( the south did rise again) the Boys and girls from MCM (music city magic in Nashville), swept the Stage contest. WELL DONE. And I am proud to be a part of that group.

Steve Kine I really wanted to meet you just always got side tracked.
Despite all the controversy, I started with my cigarette act, I did get some positive feedback. thanks to those who got it !

In my defense ( I DO NOT SMOKE, ) and I was only trying to give the audience something diffrent and fresh, I know sometimes I hate to sit through 10 acts doing the same trick or the same production over and over. I look forward to my return to C-BUS
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1040 Posts

Profile of bsears
The convention was a blast. Kline, Jep, and everyone else involved in making this event happen did an excellent job.

(Finney's lecture was also a highlight of the convention for me, along with those previously mentioned).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Magifest 2007 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL