The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Magicbooksbypost (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
As some of you might know, this online shop carries some very hard-to-find-titles on magic. I am wondering if some of the books they carry (especially the most obsolete ones)are second-hand. Does anybody know about this?

Best,
msc455magic
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5381 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
All of their books are new.
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Magiguy,

do you have any positive user experience?

Thanks

Andy
Cards never lie
ekins
View Profile
Elite user
Portland, Oregon
418 Posts

Profile of ekins
I purchased from them once a couple of years ago and had a good experience. I've only ever heard good from others too. The only problem is the postage costs.

-Brian
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Thanks Brian,

the postal cost is a killer criteria . . . at least for me

Andy
Cards never lie
mattm
View Profile
New user
North West, England
46 Posts

Profile of mattm
Hi msc455magic, still watching your vids and your doing a great job. Living here in England I get all my books from magicbooksbypost and they can't be beaten on the titles they have in store, they've got all sorts of books (including those Japanese ones selling for ridiculous amounts on ebay) thought long out of print. In answer to your question none of their books are second hand and if you go to their main page http://www.magicbooksbypost.co.uk it says this about half way down.
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
Thanks for all the inputs! I will be getting my order (Sawa book, Marlo in Spades, New York Symposium #5) shortly!

Best,
msc455magic
MANOS FRIAS
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
126 Posts

Profile of MANOS FRIAS
I got from magicbooksbypost books hard to find like Card Magic of Nick Trost, Vernon Chronicles 4 or Collected Works of Elmsley 1. The prices are a few expensives, but the books are new, and the shipping cost and delivery time (both to Spain) are reasonables.
IanKendall
View Profile
Special user
Edinburgh
566 Posts

Profile of IanKendall
Magic Books by Post offer an excellent customer service and a wide rangeing stock. Last week I got the Symposium 5 book and it arrived in two days, postage paid (to the UK).

Along with H&R, it's a first port of call when looking for hard to find titles.

Take care, Ian
Schmecal
View Profile
New user
Baltimore, MD
70 Posts

Profile of Schmecal
This really is a great shop to find the books that you've been looking for and can't find anywhere. I was able to find Effortless Card Magic and Pasteboard Presentations 1, both amazing books that every shop in the US that I tried said had been sold out for years. It also only took about 4 days to get from England to Baltimore. The exchange rate can take a pretty big toll on your wallet though.

Aaron
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
I live in Taiwan... I guess I need to wait for a couple more days... 7 days and counting...

Best,
msc455magic
martinkey
View Profile
Regular user
Tadmarton, Oxon, UK
129 Posts

Profile of martinkey
"Rare!" "Hard to Find!" I have been caught a few times buying dog-eared copies of books on ebay only to find that brand new copies were available at a lower price at Magic Books by Post. Excellent service too (but I am in the UK).
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
Quote:
On 2007-02-05 10:21, msc455magic wrote:
I live in Taiwan... I guess I need to wait for a couple more days... 7 days and counting...

Best,
msc455magic

I just received my order today and I am VERY impressed by the package and the condition of the (hard to find) books (new). I will buy from them for sure!

Best,
msc455magic
KyleThorson
View Profile
New user
Raleigh, NC
98 Posts

Profile of KyleThorson
I just received copies of The Vernon Chronicles 2 and 4 from them. I was very impressed with their selection and service. This store was a real find. Expensive yes (shipping, exchange rate, etc), but totally worth it if you really want some of those out of print titles!

Kyle
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1832 Posts

Profile of teejay
Magicbooksbypost RULES, OK?
TJ
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
Ok mods... please lock this topic... I don't want anybody else to know about this bookshop. ^^
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5381 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Yes! PLEASE!!!!!! I was disturbed enough to see this thread started. Smile
KyleThorson
View Profile
New user
Raleigh, NC
98 Posts

Profile of KyleThorson
Fwwwewww! I'm glad I found the thread before you guys get it censored! heh
Newb2
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of Newb2
How much do they charge for shipping? Thanks.
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
Can we talk via pm? I don't want anybody else to see this page!

Best,
msc455magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Magicbooksbypost (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL