The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Blanket Statement by Higley (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7170 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
There were many years where I was the unknown artist...and got the handle The Phantom Of The Midway by being for the most part invisible and 'unsigned'...I liked it that way (still do, since most of my work is seen by thousands who have no idea who I am or who did it. Cool.)

Lately that has changed somewhat and I have to get used to it. My retiring psuedo-Hermit, somewhat anti social self has a little light focused on the shadowed corner I like to hide in.

As far as the web site goes I toot that horn so I can pay the rent (on occassion) and marketing is a fun game to play.
However..

Most recently, I am finding it is getting personal as well...and am taken aback by all the praise that has come my way...primarily because a darn good writier took it upon himself to write a book about my stuff which as I understand it turned into a Tribute as well. I am getting lofty words from folks I don't even know...who are, it seems, fans of my dopey sculptures and ideas. And I say thanks when they do that.

But I really feel that I need to say it MORE. Those who know me (in the real world) know that I'm pretty humble when it comes to what I do and the percieved ego is really an online guy I made up. So it is easy for me to sluff off the praise and be embarassed by it even on occasion...

I just want every one to know how much your words have meant. Magus and Kotah and Tony Eye and Sea Dawg and hell I better not list 'cause I'll leave somebody out...the whole bunch...I feel like this is an acceptance speech....I'm honored and truly amazed at this book and the incredible words that have been gathered for it.

Thank you. I don't feel that I deserve them but am flattered none the less.

and...
No you can't stay the night and visit. I'm still me. Smile
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5107 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Doug, nobody's saying anything you don't deserve. And you're allowed to peek out from under your security blanket, once in a while.

You do great work!
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7170 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Thanks Harley...but no security blanket...I'm not a wimp...I just ain't wallowing in delusions of adequacy when it comes to dealing with people within arms reach.
:)
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5107 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Yes, adequacy is a totally dangerous thing.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
"Truth is always served by great minds, even if they fight it."
Jean Rostand

Doug - you already know of my admiration. Wait until Hob and Rascar come home. We are going on a Higley Lives parade!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Doug:No need to explain your sincere humility..it is infused in all your post's and communication's.

When I think about folk's,I sometimes use the old beer question."Would I like to sit down and have a beer with that person".

Doug,I would definitely like to tip a brew with you...and since you are an admitted hermit..your porch would be just fine.

Thank's again for the magnificent Zibit.

Best.
Rich
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Doug, we offer you appreciation for what you do.

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13144 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Doug

We like and respect you, then the work which is an extension of you. To be honest, I feel a better person for just having gotten to know you a little bit over the past year.

The Doug Higley that I know is a supportive friend, straight shooter, brilliant thinker, and one He.ll of an artist!

You are the kind of person I'm proud to meet, honored to call friend, and will support in any way I can.

Tony Iacoviello
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7170 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
(In my best Gabby Hays) There you go again gol durn it...all I wanted to do was say thanks properly...no need to make me have to do it all over again...

Rich...if Chucky Cheeese has beer, I'll buy.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
No good Doug,the dancing bears scare me. Smile
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7170 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I'll bring the Smith and Wesson.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4204 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
And don't forget to bring your traps!

All Cheers Doug!

My fearsome new chup claw is waving and cheering for you. Well...it's more of a shriek really but you get the idea!

I'll say it once again...We are all so lucky to have you on planet.
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1254 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
My Smile for the morning... Thank YOU Doug!
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
Harlequin
View Profile
Special user
Melbourne, Australia
688 Posts

Profile of Harlequin
Doug, you have to stop pretending to be modest, just to get everyone to praise you, I'm onto your game! Smile (just kidding of course)

I emailed you towards the end of last year about an effect with some tubes and a creation I was hoping you'd make. Just want you to know that I'm still saving the pennies and can't wait to have another Higley creation to keep my Dark Museum pieces company. Smile
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7170 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Good grief. Tubes? Tubes? Tubes From Oz. I am losing it.
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Personally, I'm humbled as an amateur to be able to own and perform with a professional prop like the Dark Museum. It really makes me feel like a magician. And that's magical. Thanks, Doug.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
Well since we are having a love in, I'd like to say thanks for helping me entertain the public of Hull and beyond Doug.

And congratulations on the publishing of the book!

& Why is my latent blog getting lots of visits from your site all of a sudden? Smile

More power to your elbow!!!

But more importantly, what in the blue blazes has happened to Tony's avatar?

Corona.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13144 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Corona:

I'm going through an identity crisis right now.
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
I understand Tony.

I am told it happens to many men in (ahem) middle age.
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
I should explain, earlier tony looked like the virgin mary, this is the problem with discussing avatars, they are so transient.

Corona.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Blanket Statement by Higley (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL