We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Bolt with a magnet inside (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3163 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I need a bolt with a magnet inside, I cant seem to find one in any magic stores. Anybody know just how hard it would be to make one myself? Im thinking of trying to drill one out and install the magnet myself.
mkiger
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of mkiger
The only problem you might have is sealing the magnet into the bolt, you cannot let a magnet get too hot or it will lose its magnetism. If I were to try this I would use a brass bolt, superglue a plug in the end, and polish the seam away.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Is there a reason why you don't just magnetize an iron bolt by heating it and then letting it cool inside a strong magnetic fielf?
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
The mag can be held in place with liquid metal (tm). It's been used to hold rare earth magnets to metal for some magic effects that I own and it works great. Just make sure the areas are very clean before applying and let it cure completely before testing it.

Good luck. Tell us how your experiment turns out.
Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
Our southern border could use
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
FWIW. If you used an alum. bolt, it would also be easer to drill, be more deceptive and easer to disguise the magnet. JB weld be a close match for the alum..
Our friends don't have to agree with me about everything and some that I hold very dear don't have to agree about anything, except where we are going to meet them for dinner.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3163 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Some really great ideas! Thanks for all the information. I actually stumbled upon one by accident, it was used in a psychokinetic effect, and the bolt was indeed aluminum.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Bolt with a magnet inside (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL