The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Shhhhh, snow machine at work... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

illusionmaster
View Profile
New user
Boulder, Colorado
31 Posts

Profile of illusionmaster
Hey guys,

Can anyone tell me which snow machine is the most quiet? I want to add it to the show, but all of them that I have heard are very noisy.

I will have music playing, but it is a soft piano solo that I am afraid will not cover the sound of the snow machine well..

Any guidance greatly appreciated!

Jes
Smile
zigmont
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of zigmont
Jes

DC has the machines in sound proof boxes, while still dealing with venting. They will need to be in the cat walks or C-clamped over head on (in The fly system) a batons within the proscenium. You'll be amazed how the proscenium stage masks noise. If it's over the heads of the audience it will be noisy unless loud music is played.

All machines I have used or seen has the same noise level. But the flake size and level do range differently. Use the one Kevin James sells.
What venue will you be performing?

Zigmont
Zigmont
Magic F/X
illusionmaster
View Profile
New user
Boulder, Colorado
31 Posts

Profile of illusionmaster
Zig,

It for the time being will be a civic auditorium with a stage and proscenium.

It's sooooo frustrating! Smile

We can put a man on the moon but we can't create a silent snow machine! Go figure!

Jes
Smile
zigmont
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of zigmont
Jes

I started my magic career in Longmont. Small world.

The proscenium stage will be your friend and hide most of the noise.

You will need a fan wind machine next to the backlight 1000W (behind you and aimed up)on stage to blow the snow forward and get it seen and look like a blizzard.
Can always e mail with any questions
zigmont@zigmont.com

You can wrap them in insulation and Blackwrap, But I wouldn't worry about it, you'll find it will work out fine.
I used snow machines in 60 different venues and never had a problem.
Zigmont
Magic F/X
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Shhhhh, snow machine at work... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL