The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Finger palm (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Spackle666
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of Spackle666
Honestly, It depends on the routine and what you want to accomplish. Ask any real coin guy, and they will tell you that the use whatever palm fits the best for the task at hand. No real coin worker these days relies on one palm and one palm only. finger palm, classic palm, thumb palm, downs palm, edge grip, deep edge grip, third finger curl (aka no where palm), purse palm, gw grip, web grip, back clip, finger rest, edge palm, reverse thumb palm (i could go on and on) are all valuable palms that have there uses, when the effect demands them. Now that is not say that every advance worker uses all these palms. But they certainly have played with if not mastered most of them and then wittled down the list to get to the palms that work best for them. Ramsay used a very few palms, because his hands had gotten "pudgy" with age (his words, not mine). While goshman whittled his palms and moves down to a select few. But each of these men were masters and had played with hundreds if not thousands of variations until they found their gems. Play with everything, even the hard stuff. It will all come in handy.

But with all that said, a good classic palm and finger palm are the best foundation you could start with.
"it's bad luck to be superstitious."
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
Couldn't have said it any better Spackle666.....
Where I go, so do my coins.....
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8844 Posts

Profile of Mb217
DS, For me the technique has been very fruitful...It has lasted longer and longer in conjuction with my ongoing practice. What eventually happens is that you don't have to even use the technique as much because along the way you have been practicing the palm. All of it goes into making your CP better and more immediate. If I'm about to do something, an effect, etc...I will always take a few seconds to "re-familiarize" my hands by using the quick techique I described earlier. Just that little bit of memory boost, reinvigorates my ability to do a pretty good CP. Glad you found the technique helpful. Smile I have been able to actually hold my hand pretty much flat at times, behind using this "get-ready" technique. Hope others find it helpful. Smile -MB
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Finger palm (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL