The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Feel a little silly even asking... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Habu
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas / Alabama
393 Posts

Profile of Habu
Well you can make a collage from cards, may make a good backdrop or poster for advertising!

You can ask a moderator to edit your post for you if you feel it is in need. PM one of the staff and they will take care of it.

(someone else asked on another thread how to edit an old post and that was the answer)
www.magicbyhabu.com
Habu: Taken from SR-71 spy plane I worked on. It's name came from a poisonous snake on Okinawa. Hope my magic isn't poisonous!
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
The two conditions that must be met in order for you to edit your own posts are that

1. You must edit it within 30 minutes of posting it

2. You must edit it before anyone else posts. If someone else posts a reply within the 30 minute period, the edit option is removed.

The "edit" button is in the area of your post where the date of your post is.

Actually, the idea of a card collage sounds neat. Would make an interesting background or be used for a funny trick.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
ViciousCycle
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of ViciousCycle
And here's one term that you may see a lot: Bobo. This is a trick that is in homage to "The Simpsons." Bobo was the name of the teddy bear that Mr. Burns had as a child that disappeared from his life as a child and then re-appeared mysteriously one day when he was an adult. So, if you see references to Bobo, this is simply a reference to the disappearing-and-reappearing-teddy-bear trick.

And if you stick around, you might learn what sleight-of-ham means......
sBosma
View Profile
New user
BC Canada
57 Posts

Profile of sBosma
I think there should be some sort of acronym glossary on names of books or dvds. I don't think there should be a glossary on DL's, or TT's. That should be available in the section that you can read if you have 50 posts.
'Pick a card, any card'
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
The use of acronyms in general is for the convenience of the writer not anyone else. That is why in many other types of material you will see All Sub Standard Holistic Omnipotent Laughing Excentrics hereafter reffered to as (&*&). A list would be a great idea.
jolly12
View Profile
New user
PEI, Canada
48 Posts

Profile of jolly12
I too am new here and by times have difficulty catching the acronyms used in some posts, but after thought and research can ...mostly...figure it out. After reading what ToasterOfDoom said about wikipedia, I decided to check it out for myself. I was absolutely amazaed at what they had on there for anyone to read and learn. they seem to "justify" putting these secrets on their site by a small and subtle heading "SPOILER WARNING : THE FOLLOWING SECTION REVEALS A MAGIC SECRET". Anyone who is on wikipedia in the first place loves learning something out, so a header such as this just BEGS for the individual to read on and learn tips/tricks that the rest of us practice regularly or purchase books/dvd's to aid us. Just doesn't seem right to me. anyone else agree?
Mark Wilden
View Profile
Veteran user
San Francisco
375 Posts

Profile of Mark Wilden
I think the danger from exposure on the Internet is overblown. Yes, I can see a teenaged layman searching the Net for how Blaine levitates. But would someone really spend any time trying to discover the secrets behind, say, Red Hot Mama?

In my opinion, someone who is that intent on learning the secrets of magic is an incipient magician.

///ark
jolly12
View Profile
New user
PEI, Canada
48 Posts

Profile of jolly12
Point taken Mark, guess I was just a bit startled to see all that info in such a public place. After a bit of thought though I agree with you...anyone who feels the need to search out the answers, and actually absorb such secrets could be the next great thing. Way to stay level headed Smile

Jolly
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Feel a little silly even asking... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL