The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Attacked on the net by an IBM member. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi everyone

I have a myspace page, and a guy CLAIMING to be the moderator of the IBM's myspace group started sending me messages. At first they were friendly and we chatted for a while. Then he started posting insults and various libelous comments on his myspace page, on the IBM myspace group and on other sites.

I wonder where the IBM would stand on this if he really is a member, and, indeed, someone in authority (on the net at least!).

I have no idea whether or not he really is connected to IBM by the way!

His myspace page is here:

profile.myspace.com

Cheers

David Straitjacket
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
As far as I know, IBM doesn't have a MySpace group. He may be a member of IBM, but that in no way means they endorse his online activities.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
That's one of the reasons that the I.B.M. doesn't want its members to use the logo on their personal websites. The I.B.M. shouldn't have to answer for the conduct of some of its members.

Yours,

Paul
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi guys

Sorry I took a while to get back to this. He has now taken to sending slanderous emails to people about me. All total BS. But more than enough for me to take legal action. Which I guess is probably my only recourse. Luckily for me (though not for him) the US legal system tends to frown on the type of stuff he is saying, so it should be a pretty straightforward case. Otherwise I could speak to someone from his IBM ring.

Or, I could just continue to ignore him. He is nothing more than a crank, and should probably be treated as such.

David
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Remember, IBM has an Ethics and Grievance committee. They may like to hear about this.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
PM Scott Wells, who is a member of the forums about this, he is on the Executive Committee of the IBM, he can tell you who to contact specifically, the IBM would not like anyone, member or not, representing the organization in such a way, and can take the steps to get him removed from sites where he does that.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Fredrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle
247 Posts

Profile of Fredrick
David,

My recommendation is to call or e-mail the St. Louis office and see who they recommend you contact. My second recommendation is to get off MySpace which seems to harbor cyber-bullies and other miscreants.

Good luck ~ Fredrick
"Try to find the humanity in the magic and maybe you'll come up with something of your own. It's the humanity that gets you there, not techniques." Michael Moschen on Creativity
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
This is being resolved through proper channels... As far as I can tell, his "Official IBM" myspace group has been removed.
Dynomite Magic
View Profile
New user
Grand Rapids, MI
40 Posts

Profile of Dynomite Magic
Thank you for reporting this behavior and taking action!
I cannot believe what some people do in "the name of magic" especially in "the name of the IBM"
... why hurt the rest of the members? Whether this person intended to, or not -they've affected everyone involved in the IBM. When someone breaks a rule, or just acts like an idiot... it causes the organization to "crack down" on their rules forcing good members to adapt.

ATTENTION ALL IDIOTS
- DON'T RUIN IT FOR THE REST OF US!

Lets keep the name of magic in a positive light (where it belongs)

Jeff
Borack
View Profile
Regular user
Tampa Bay
109 Posts

Profile of Borack
Quote:
On 2007-04-09 11:00, David Straitjacket wrote:
Hi guys

Or, I could just continue to ignore him. He is nothing more than a crank, and should probably be treated as such.

David

I vote for ignoring him....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Attacked on the net by an IBM member. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL