We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Need name of a trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11157 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I need the name of the rope trick created by Pavel in which he displays a rope with 3 knots, and then displays an invisible rope. He later causes the knots to leave the visible rope and go to the invisible rope. I saw him do this in a lecture many years ago. I have a set of these ropes but can't recall the name of the trick.

Thanks!

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Could this be it??

Invisible Rope (Pavel)
2 plastic cups are shown. You pull an imaginary length of rope out from one cup, roll it around in yourhand and place it back in the cup. A REAL length of rope is removed from the second cup. It is knotted in 3 places and put back in its cups. A magic pass... The invisible rope is removed and 3 real knots are tied in it. When the real rope is removed it is free from knots. Instead, 3 vacant spaces appear in the rope.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11157 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
That's it and the name couldn't have been simpler! Smile

Thank, Jaz!

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Habu
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas / Alabama
393 Posts

Profile of Habu
That sounds like a really nice effect.

Michael, be sure to learn it because I want to see you do it at an IBM meeting! So I can learn it too!! Of course I will buy it first, as soon as I set aside $70 that is.
www.magicbyhabu.com
Habu: Taken from SR-71 spy plane I worked on. It's name came from a poisonous snake on Okinawa. Hope my magic isn't poisonous!
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11157 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I did this at the February meeting, so it will be a long time before I do it there again. I just could not remember the name of the trick for the Ring report.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Habu
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas / Alabama
393 Posts

Profile of Habu
Smile
www.magicbyhabu.com
Habu: Taken from SR-71 spy plane I worked on. It's name came from a poisonous snake on Okinawa. Hope my magic isn't poisonous!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Need name of a trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL