The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Temple Screen (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1159 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Thanks for the shout out on the rabbit out of the hat version on my video. It's only a netherland dwarf rabbit, not very large. I stopped doing this after my EX in-laws killed Poofus during Hurricane Rita. I've also lost interest, due to the difficulty of flying with, shipping and keeping a rabbit. Also, I lost touch with my breeder, and I'm more into mentalism now. At one point, I did a mentalism triple prediction with the Temple Screen. I had 3 answers on the panels. I did "37", "Red", and I had an image of a hat. I would do the obvious force on 37, hoped for the "Red", and purposely missed on the hat. A large forcing deck gave them a silhouette of a rabbit, and the prediction was a hat. When I missed on one, two, or three of the answers, I state that either "1 out of 3" or "2 out of 3" or "0 out of 3" is not a very good way to end the show. "What would I have to do to make this up to you?" Inevitably, someone look at the hat panel and look at the card, and say "Pull a rabbit out of the hat!!!" Voila!

I had everything stolen out of my car in November, and I haven't gone to the trouble of rebuilding the forcing deck. I guess that I'm just moving on.

The Temple Screen is NOT an easy trick to learn to do correctly.

I make my own out of matte boards, and a solid hard board on the load panel. Each of these are covered by a laminated panel, to protect the base boards. I use bookbinders tape or quality gaffers' tape for the joints, and then I have a special way of putting them together so that it folds properly. My load bag is detachable, and it just basically hangs.

I can do it 3/4 surrounded in comedy clubs and stuff, due to the way that I hold my arms during the presentation.

I've yet to see demonstrators properly present this. It's like linking rings and equivoque. If you've been doing it correctly for decades, it becomes pure poetry. It has to be to the point where you couldn't stop and start again, because of the fluid motions of the presentation.

Every time other performers see me do this, they want to go and buy a Temple Screen. When they realize that it's going to take some work, a complete rebuild of the prop from the ground up, and that it's not a turnkey, push button effect, they go running back to their bunny boxes and dove pans!

Jimmy
Tod Todson
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1296 Posts

Profile of Tod Todson
@Jimmy

Glad you chimed in on some of the intricasies behind your screen!

Any other resources to point one towards in order to do it properly from the beginning?

Or additional tips (here or privately) to start off on the right road.

P.S. Loved your last sentence Smile
Mystifier, Youth Speaker
<BR><BR>
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Temple Screen (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL