The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » J ack right about Randi from the get go. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Ok already. Forget the referee. Who wants me on their team? I am real good. Look at my previous post.
Arnon
View Profile
Inner circle
1320 Posts

Profile of Arnon
Quote:
On 2007-02-10 14:19, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
DJM:

There is nothing fake about J ack. It appears, you don't know J ack. Smile

So Tony, have you grown or regressed?
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Come on guys. I wanna play too. Remember, equal rights.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On 2007-02-10 15:46, arnon wrote:
Oh, and this too:

Quote:
On 2007-02-10 15:20, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
In the past I have made statements on individuals, but have grown to see the error and hypocrisy of my statements and will attempt to control that type of action from now on.

Yes, I do admit I've made mistakes and try to learn from them. Sometimes we are blind to our own flaws and need friends to point them out to us. You helped me in this reguard, and I thank you Arnon.

Tony
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
That's not fair. Dynamike does play that.
Arnon
View Profile
Inner circle
1320 Posts

Profile of Arnon
Namaste.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Namaste? Let's play a different level today. Everybody, switch your computers to "easy" level.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On 2007-02-10 15:58, arnon wrote:
Namaste.

Arnon, that is a greeting that I should be giving you.

Thank you for the honor.

Tony
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Ok, you guys won. I give up because I'm a sore looser.
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Mike I am lost also.

Have no idea what Arnon has a problem with.
I am what I am and he is lost in my opinion.

But that is his nature judging from his past postings.

J ack
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Arnon is just being Arnon. You've gotta love the guy!

Thokoza,
J.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
You do as you so choose.

I will decide later.

J ack

H.O.A-X Smile
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20523 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Can we just get to the finale here?

Usually this ends up with Jim or Slim trying to pitch something. Can we dispense with the preliminaries and get to the main event? Smile
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2007-02-12 22:42, Dannydoyle wrote:

Usually this ends up with Jim or Slim trying to pitch something.

Maybe everyone is scared to bat because those two might be using pine tar: gizmodo.com
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Danny I have no idea what you are going on about.

When I am selling something people know it.

Jim
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17633 Posts

Profile of Slim King
What..."Main Event?".......Danny?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Go Spleeners? Free Little Dougie? Free Mabel Stark? Free Dr. X? Free Lucia Von Franz?
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
Eman
View Profile
Regular user
Bloomington, Indiana
141 Posts

Profile of Eman
Quote:
On 2007-02-10 14:17, DJM wrote:
What's up with using a name of a fake character in your posts? Sounds like the beginning of Schizophrenia if you ask me..

Ouch!

I'd be careful if I were you. Slinging a mental disability at anybody as if it were a weapon is probably not the best of ideas. What if someone on these forums has Schizophrenia and happens to read the thread to find J ack having the word Schizophrenia used upon him as an insult? Things would probably go really sour, really fast.

Besides, "Eman" is a fake character. My mother definately didn't name me Eman (that would be interesting, though). My username and the very character I post as are "fake" (but that doesn't mean my posted opinions are). Does that make me Schizophrenic?

Edit- I forgot to sign off!

Evan, out!
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
Since it seems pretty obvious that Jim knows the difference between hismelf and his fake character, then using that remark should be seen as a joke. I have no idea how you see it as some weapon or insulting people who really have Schizophernia.

If everyone had a problem with that kind of jokes, then 99% of the stand up comedians would be out of job by now. You shouldn't take things too seriously..
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
By the way - the correct diagnoses full multiple personalities is called Dissociative Identity Disorder. Schizophernia is an illness that causes functional decline via postive/added symptoms of hallucinations and delusions (of a bizarre nature usually) and "negative" symptoms of decrease ability to display affect, be motivated, etc. all resulting in a steady decrease in psychosocial functioning.

I happen not to like jokes that call other people "illnesses" e.g. might as well say the person has a brain tumor, suffering from cancer, or into a dementia caused by AIDS.

Hence why it isn't a question of lightening up - but ask yourself if you'd use that with a paying audience? If not, then you know there is something a bit off about using that line anywhere.

I, however, soemtimes worry about even my own self-put down jokes, which I realize can offend others. I can't stand the famous "I am X there I can tell X jokes"...

Hey waitasecond - what is this thread about??

Go JJ go!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » J ack right about Randi from the get go. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL