The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Ever had an angry reaction to burning someone's money? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jim Poor
View Profile
Special user
Fairfax, VA
676 Posts

Profile of Jim Poor
I'm pretty sure the whole thing was scripted, but during one of the money routines I watched on Live From The Jail House, I felt the guy was a bit miffed. That got me thinking about possible negative reactions.

Any stories out there?

Better yet, how do you read who will laugh off the burning of their bills and who wont?

Thanks & Best,
Jim
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Harry Anderson, immediately after "burning up" a borrowed $5.00 bill:
"Anybody got a twenty? I hardly ever **** it up with a twenty..."
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Not angry, but well...his money wasn't BURNT, but I did the Pen Thru Anything through his $20 bill, and he panicked, and IMMEDIATELY snatched the bill out of my hand, looked at it, found no hole, and turned red as a BEET!

I've never had that kind of reaction before, and haven't performed that penetration since. Some people are kinda FUNNY, when it comes to their MONEY.

LOL

Doug
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Here's what happened at a bachelor party.

This is true.
I was a guest, had done several impromptu tricks, was pretty much burnt out and said so.
One guy I knew fairly well kept bugging me to do more magic and offered me a fifty to continue.
Instead I told him to give me a one dollar bill and I would do one more trick.

I proceeded to tear the bill into several pieces, made a magical pass and placed it in his hand. When he opened his hand you should have seen the look on his face.

Yes, I really ripped it up and had no intention or restoring it.
Everyone else laughed and that ****ed him off.
He cursed me, grabbed me and we wrestled to the floor. We had to be pulled apart.

We're good friends today and have a good laugh at the joke.
TheGiz
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of TheGiz
I alway had another spectator destroy the bill. It would be their fault. I would then restore the bill. If the other spectator gives me lip I reply do you do everything strangers tell you to do?
http://blackbeltmagician.com

"And it's a good thing I only use my power for good!!!"
BCaldwell
View Profile
Special user
is really regretting his
524 Posts

Profile of BCaldwell
The only time I got any 'heat' from burning someones bill Smile was when I performed John Cornelious' Borrowed Bill Routine for a group of bikers. When I got to the part where you are ready to burn the hundred dollar bill I said "...and remember, if this doesn't work it is her (one of the biker's girlfriends) fault" he leaned in real close to me and said quietly, "No, it's YOUR fault!" And when the bill is restored, but only a $1, that was also a little tense. Thankfully the trick went off perfectly and all was well in the world.
"...that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller Smile

~Bob~
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I never had that problem with a spectator because I never perform a money trick first. When it comes to destroying their money, they know it is a trick somewhere.
RC4MAG
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of RC4MAG
I once borrowed a bill, did the fake tear by running the thumb nail down the middle and folding the bill back on itself. So it appears I tore the bill in half, then restored it.
Another spectator said, "I know how he does that." and took the bill from the guy. He actually ripped it down the middle and froze in that position. He had this look on his face of like, What do I do now?
Everyone in the place was laughing like crazy.
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
Do burned bills smell very foul? I have an excellent routine I purchased 2 years ago but have never performed it or even burned a bill while practicing as I cannot bring myself to foul the air in someones home (including my home ) or the rest home I perform in. I hope to use this outdoors this summer.
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Are you really concerned about the smell of a small piece of linen burning?

Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Ever had an angry reaction to burning someone's money? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL