The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Ladybug," presented by Paul Harris (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1619 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Anybody know anything about this new effect on the Hocus Pocus site being offered under the "Paul Harris presents" banner?

You stab your finger with a knife, drawing a drop of blood, which then turns into a ladybug.

Here's my favorite paragraph from the ad copy:

"Ladybug resource guide: You can easily obtain enough ladybugs for hundreds of performances. The ladybugs are shipped in a self contained package and require no feeding or care."
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
782 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
"BugJack" Any relation? Smile

Peace
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4130 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Speaking as a father of a 4 year old boy and a 27 month old boy, I know a little somethng about these ladybugs that you get in the mail. The lady bugs do not live long at all and it takes about 4 weeks to get a new shipment of "live ladybugs." The ad also states that this effect is practical in real world settings. Absolutely not. This effect is not practical in real world setting or in any setting. Leave magic to the bunnies.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1214 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Sounds a bit cruel, even for bugs. No care or feeding??? Come on now.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
It'd be cool if the drop of blood turned into a little ruby gemstone.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
782 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Good idea Roth.
That would truly be a "gem" of an effect. Smile

Nick V.
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1261 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Quote:
On 2007-02-09 10:19, magicinsight wrote:
Speaking as a father of a 4 year old boy and a 27 month old boy, I know a little somethng about these ladybugs that you get in the mail. The lady bugs do not live long at all and it takes about 4 weeks to get a new shipment of "live ladybugs." The ad also states that this effect is practical in real world settings. Absolutely not. This effect is not practical in real world setting or in any setting. Leave magic to the bunnies.

Michael


Uhm, how is it that you know the effect isn't practical?

And for such an authority, I'm surprised you're unaware that NO ladybugs live a long time (not just "these ladybugs you get in the mail"). These aren't dogs we're talking about.

This seems like a fascinating effect but it's also the type of effect that screams for an online demo and I won't be picking it up until I see one or hear some favorable reviews.
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan
Quote:
On 2007-02-09 12:44, Roth wrote:
It'd be cool if the drop of blood turned into a little ruby gemstone.


I believe it says you could turn it into a little heart, so a gemstone couldn't be that much of a stretch

Derek Merdinyan
Newb2
View Profile
Elite user
480 Posts

Profile of Newb2
"Blood diamond" anyone?
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Hello,

See the Ladybug video demo on the Hocus Pocus website.

Best Regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

http://www.hocus-pocus.com
bradyofspades
View Profile
New user
new york
14 Posts

Profile of bradyofspades
Actually the dvd does include a version where the blood turns into a gemstone
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Oh I can't wait to get on MTV with this one...*Aerosmith play's*..."Dream On, Dream On, Dream On!"...maybe I'll be cool like David Blaine or Criss Angle.

Such slick advertising, just like all the others, sign me up!

Hahahahahahahaha
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
walking_liberty
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of walking_liberty
"Ladybugs aren't even in season!"
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2683 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On 2007-03-04 08:31, Flash Pro Joe wrote:
Any reviews yet on this?
Anyone?

hmmmmmmm, if there were 10 pages of REVIEWS and comments on this RELEASED effect, where might I find them? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, let me think.......

s
Charlie the Tuna
View Profile
Regular user
Baltimore Maryland
111 Posts

Profile of Charlie the Tuna
It available from Hocus Pocus.
Charlie
Charlie,
A Magician with Good Taste.

Only perform an illusion once. The first time is magical, the second is an education.
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
642 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
Quote:
On 2007-02-09 10:19, magicinsight wrote:
Speaking as a father of a 4 year old boy and a 27 month old boy, I know a little somethng about these ladybugs that you get in the mail. The lady bugs do not live long at all and it takes about 4 weeks to get a new shipment of "live ladybugs." The ad also states that this effect is practical in real world settings. Absolutely not. This effect is not practical in real world setting or in any setting. Leave magic to the bunnies.

Michael


Odd. I got my ladybugs in a week and a half, and I've been out performing Ladybug in the real world for two weeks now and have found the effect very easy and practical.
Starromeo
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Starromeo
Do they actually ship with the live ladybugs?
Casey Sullivan
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Casey Sullivan
No ladybugs come with the trick but they tell you where you can buy them.

Casey
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4494 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
You can easily google where to purchase ladybugs, and for cheap to. There are probably cheaper places.

http://gardeningzone.com/catalog/product......s_id=121
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Ladybug," presented by Paul Harris (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL