The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Simple muscle pass question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Noobini
A tutorial I saw lead me to believe that a Muscle Pass is done from a very ordinary classic palm. This puzzles me since it seems easier if the placement is a little off and at a steeper angle. In any case, with my right hand at least, there is a fold of skin blocking the coin from escaping if I work from the classic palm and then squeeze. I would have to use some sort of lotion if I was to do that to make the coin slip off.

All I want to know is if it is ok to start practicing a second, almost classic palm position (or a third if you count that 45 degree angle one I know how to do but don't remember the name for). I don't want to un-learn my classic palm which I feel is pretty good now. Also it is frustrating to find out after weeks of work that one have to start over.

So I'm hoping that there is a simple answer that will set me on the right path.
"Talk about melodrama... and being born in the wrong part of the world." (Raf Robert)
"You, my friend, have a lot to learn." (S. Youell)
"Nonsensical Raving of a lunatic mind..." (Larry)
seidedennis
View Profile
New user
Denmark
97 Posts

Profile of seidedennis
Sure it's ok; my musclepass doesn't start of in "ordinary" cp, but more towards the fingers. Go for it, man - whatever makes the coins pop for you!
Robert Apodaca
View Profile
Special user
504 Posts

Profile of Robert Apodaca
I believe that you cannot teach anyone a muscle pass because every person has a different hand. Find the spot on your hand where you can do it and that is the correct spot for a muscle pass. Simple.
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Great! Thanks guys, that is all I need to know. Now on to the practice part... I love practicing things that you can do while watching movies and tv series as opposed to things that require careful reading, concentration and actually using the brain. Even though it takes time, there is in a way little concious effort involved.
"Talk about melodrama... and being born in the wrong part of the world." (Raf Robert)
dodgechargerrt30
View Profile
Regular user
Kentucky
158 Posts

Profile of dodgechargerrt30
Well I don't know if this will help you but I use a poker chip when doing it I have found it shoots farther and its easier to do

so if your a BEGGINER at the pass then try it to get the feel

once I got the poker chip to fly I found it a bit easier to make a coin fly

I hope this helps and doesn't hurt lol

thanks

DC
I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20514 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
It's your hand and your muscle pass. If it's working, you're winning!

Some people do glue two coins or chips together to make getting started a little easier. (It didn't work for me. But I didn't believe in reincarnation the first time either.)

Enjoy!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Interesting concept. I don't have any of those plastic or bakelite poker chips at hand but I did find a metal gaming token from somewhere called the Fremont Hotel. I've never even heard of it but I did have a girlfriend ages ago who went to Las Vegas, so that's probably where it originates.

I guess it is the size of a Silver Dollar, although I've never seen one of those except in DVDs. I generally use Norwegian 20 Kroner coins, which are a good deal smaller and also thicker and smoother than a Half Dollar.

So anyway, now that I'm trying it with the (very) thick and (very very) heavy metal token, I find that it jumps like a fish, even without hardly any practicing. I know that it is probably ten times the weight of the chips you mention, but it turns out that this may be a shortcut after all.

This reminds me by the way, that I have seen two vintage '60s poker chips from Monte Carlo in a drawer full of junk at my parents' house. Think I have to steal those since they are very stylish indeed.

Thank you for your input!
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Thank you Mr. Sanders too for answering. (You posted as I was writing the previous comment.)

Yes, I realize that things like these are probably very subjective. I'm still pleased to hear you say it since, as a beginner, one tends to have little self esteem about parting from the norm.

I have noticed that for instance, all tutorials mention that the finger palm is the easiest palm known to man. I have never been able to make one successfully. For me to finger palm a coin I would have to almost completely close my hand, or at least that/those fingers into a fist. A classic palm on the other hand, I found much easier to learn, and also the... what is it called... angle palm or something, where the coins stands on it's side in a 45 degree angle. Easy peasy. Finger palm: impossible unless I use a huge coin of a type which isn't in normal use in my country.

So at least with that I have accepted that hands are different.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Simple muscle pass question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL