The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Mismade Lady (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I think the number of blades depends primarily on the position of the audience in relation to the illusion. If the audience's eye level is below the tops of the boxes, and the assistants hang on to the boxes I see no reason to even use blades in the tops. That would be three blades.

If the audience is level with or slightly above the base box and multiple assistants can keep the other boxes in-hand, you might need one for the bottom box. So, four blades.

If you are performing it alone, or the assistants are setting all the boxes on the floor, you would probably need six blades.

Best I can remember, John Bundy uses four.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1851 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
I had to do a double-take when I watched John's version of the Mismade. When only 4 blades came out at the end, I wondered if the other two had been removed out of camera shot.

His version sits deep enough on stage that the audience apparently doesn't get a direct view of the top of the bottom box when they are all separated. Also, his routine doesn’t allow for all of the boxes to be off of the stack before one is being replaced on top of the bottom cube.

I am now thinking that maybe I can get away with using only four blades.
MichaelKent
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of MichaelKent
Mine, built by Mephisto in Belgium, uses 7 blades. It has the "number switch" restoration. I'm considering selling it.
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3641 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Since the bottom box and the box next on top of it, have no blades between them, a simple flap as in the Stack of Boxes would cover up the top of the bottom box.

When the second box is placed on the bottom box, the flap hinges up and into the next box, the flap is black on the bottom and is behind the girls head when she is in position.

With flap.......no angle worry!

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1851 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
I had a design idea that I wanted to share with you all. My current mismade is designed in the stock, primary kindergarten colors, I was talking to Dan Wolfe of Smoky Mountain Magic about a card pip design, and he came up with this:

the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2614 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Looks good, and very similar to design as Osborne's "Queen's Cut" cutting in sixths illusion. you may want to look at that and incorporate those design ideas into your mismade. A queen costume may help make things easier.

s
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Mismade Lady (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL