The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Looking for Five times Five Japan to buy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
jimi2040
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
62 Posts

Profile of jimi2040
Anyone has a copy of Five times Five Japan for sale can you please PM me and let me know. Thanks

Sung
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
As far as I know, this book is out of print, but if you are lucky though, you can find a pricey copy on ebay from time to time. So keep your eyes open on that.

As an alternative to "Five Times Five Japan", you can also check out "New Magic of Japan," "Amazing Miracles of Shigeo Takagi," "Sawa's Library of Magic," or "New York Symposium Volume 5 (a great amount dealing with Japanese magic), as they all deal with Japanese magic.

As a sidenote, I made a video containing some of the effects from "New Magic of Japan" and "Five Times Five Japan."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpvhdVPHO88

Best,
msc455magic
jimi2040
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
62 Posts

Profile of jimi2040
Thanks for the advice. I already aquired a copy of The New Magic of Japan. Out of the books that you've recommended, which one of them do you think is the best?

Sung
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5381 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
It is currently fetching incredibly high prices and, interestingly, it is worth every penny. Here's a current resource...
http://geniimagazine.com/forum/cgi-bin/u......t=008098

I feel certain that there must be someone willing to help a sincere fellow Magi at a far more reasonable price.

Best of luck!
jimi2040
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
62 Posts

Profile of jimi2040
Thanks for the information. I was actually bidding on that item on ebay ^^

Sung
mattm
View Profile
New user
North West, England
46 Posts

Profile of mattm
Jimi2040 you (and the rest of the world) really don't want to be paying the ridiculous prices for this book and other Japanese ones when you can get 1st editions for normail retail price at http://www.magicbooksbypost.co.uk. Trust me your wallet will thank you for checking this site out. All the best with this book, it's great fun to read and the rountines are simply awesome if the time to master them is put in.
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
Quote:
On 2007-02-10 08:40, mattm wrote:
Jimi2040 you (and the rest of the world) really don't want to be paying the ridiculous prices for this book and other Japanese ones when you can get 1st editions for normail retail price at http://www.magicbooksbypost.co.uk. Trust me your wallet will thank you for checking this site out. All the best with this book, it's great fun to read and the rountines are simply awesome if the time to master them is put in.

Unfortunately, even this site ran out of copies of 5x5 and New Magic of Japan. I was fortunate though... to obtain other hard to find books on this excellent website.

Best,
msc455magic
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Quote:
On 2007-02-10 08:40, mattm wrote:

While this would usually be great advice, magicbooksbypost.co.uk being THE place to search for so called OOP books, on this occasion you won't find it I'm afraid. I DID manage to get a copy of 'New Magic of Japan' from them, which is also brilliant but for '5 x 5' I had to go elsewhere. I got a copy from http://www.kbmagic.co.uk in Birmingham (UK) which is also very good. I telephoned Keith who runs the shop and he was very helpful and even took a payment by PayPal! But, and here's the bad news, I was fortunate enough to purchase the very last copy he had for a mere 25.00 GBP. Still it is a good shop and worth a mention.

Good luck to those searching for a copy, if you find one, your search will be rewarded with some really amazing close up! You've got to love the way the Japanese think - it's WAY outside the box!

Dave.

P.S. I am in no way affiliated with KBMagic - it's just that I get great service there, that's all.
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Ahh, msc455magic beat me to it!

Dave.
mattm
View Profile
New user
North West, England
46 Posts

Profile of mattm
Wow, I'm happy I got all these Japanese books from magicbooksbypost when I did. You realise msc455magic it's all your fault for doing such great performances of material from these books that we now own goldmines in our libraries looking at ebay prices...keep it up!! Actually I think there is a business opportunity here, learn and perform effects from books on my shelf, watch the books go OOP and reel in the cash...how's about it?! I promise 50/50 split!
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Quote:
On 2007-02-10 11:14, mattm wrote:
You realise msc455magic it's all your fault for doing such great performances of material from these books...

Couldn't agree more!

Dave.
therntier
View Profile
Special user
681 Posts

Profile of therntier
I've got one for sale. Send me a private message if you're interested.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
What a strange set of reviews that was. Too bad there isn't an area where people can sell and buy items.
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
Quote:
On 2007-02-10 11:14, mattm wrote:
Actually I think there is a business opportunity here, learn and perform effects from books on my shelf, watch the books go OOP and reel in the cash...how's about it?! I promise 50/50 split!

Great thinking... I love it. But I think I will wait a bit longer before I let loose of my book (or will I ever do that?) ^^.

Best,
msc455magic
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
Quote:
On 2007-02-10 18:16, MagicSanta wrote:
What a strange set of reviews that was. Too bad there isn't an area where people can sell and buy items.

What reviews?
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
That was my point, there is a section for buying and selling.
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
I guess the OP posted it in the wrong section then.

Best,
msc455magic
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Happens
e-man
View Profile
Special user
HILTON HEAD,SC
812 Posts

Profile of e-man
The "Perfect Assistants" from 5x5 as Mr.Kaufman stated..."Is Devistating"
Thank You Mike from Als Magic shop (DC) Where ever you are... for suggesting I buy this and for your demo's
Peace my friend
Long may you run!
e
我被烹调
ERIC HELVENSTON
huffers
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of huffers
I too have this for sale... PM if interested.
Cheers,
Ian
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Looking for Five times Five Japan to buy (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL