The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Swan Snake Basket History (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
As some of you may know, I am a collector of Snake Basket effects. ( 23 different variations so far!) Unfortunately it is dificult to dig up the history of paticular builders/manufacturers.
I am trying to obtain as much history regarding the Swan styled Snake Basket. Heck, I haven't even verified his complete name or spelling.
This model uses a gramaphone wind up motor in the base.
I own one myself so I have no desire to discuss the method any further but rather how many were made, by who, instruction sheets and any other bits of info possible.
There have been several manufacturers who have used the same system as well and maybe some info on those builders would be great.
Thanks for any help you may offer!
Chance
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
Dave Dorsett
View Profile
Veteran user
Macomb, Illinois
345 Posts

Profile of Dave Dorsett
Chance-
Any idea how old the piece is? I remember seeing Parker Swan do a darned funny snake basket routing at Yankee Gathering in the early '90's. If it's really old it certainly isn't of his making. If it is his make, I think he is still living in Massachusetts.

Or I could be all wet on this... a chance you take.
Dave Dorsett
Douglas~Wayne Illusioneering
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Hi Dave,
The basket I have is very old. Easily 40-50 years. I have always assumed the "Swan Snake Basket" was from earlier years from discussions I have had with others. Maybe there are two Swan performers.
Any info would help from anyone in the know.
Thanks
Chance
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Swan Snake Basket History (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL