The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Silk Worm Invisible Elastic Thread (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
David, this stuff is way stronger then yigals, and just as invisiable! way to go!
RabbitInDaHat
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of RabbitInDaHat
I'm curious as to the stretch factor of the black SW vs. Yigal's.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Hmm good question ill test for you when I get home and let you know
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2023 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Just found this thread and have taken a big interest thanks to the extreme generousity of David. I look forward to becoming a loop junkie!
RabbitInDaHat
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of RabbitInDaHat
I'm working on yet another method for tying loops. I've got several ideas using stuff you can find around your house. I'll run them all by DMann first....he's like the godfather of Silk Worm, which is the thread I'm currently using.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Rabbit,
You have so many ideas about the IET that I need to tell everyone that some of your material will be on the DVD that we are assembling.

If anyone has ideas that are not currently being featured somewhere else, in that your ideas are original, then submit them to me by the latest communication method and we will see what we can do about getting your trick or idea on the DVD
goodell
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of goodell
Just got my silkworm that I ordered about 3 days ago! it looks great I can't wait to try it out. I ordered one clear and some magicians wax, I received 2 clear, 1 black, and magicians wax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! absolute best seller (online or in person) I've ever dealt with! great prices, extra bonuses, extremely fast, absolutely great job dave! silkworm rules!
RabbitInDaHat
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of RabbitInDaHat
Yes....Dave is definitely DMann Smile
mrmuji
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of mrmuji
I have recently bought the clear silk worm. People tend to examine my hand after doing the animated fork, it was very good due to the invisibility and of course they find nothing!

I tested the clear silkworm out with my friends on a wooden chair and the floor is red carpet, when I move my hand outward, people can clearly see the thread. I wear a white t-shirt and perform the floating ring, the thread still can be seen, seems like the clear silk worm is very sensitive to lighting and background colour! Unless the thread is very near to your body (or object).

Compare it with Yigal's Loops under the same environment condition, they can't see anything at all and it just looks like real magic even my friends know what to look for. I haven't tried the black silk worm yet as I m still waiting for it. Dave, can you tell me if you have any good tip on what and when I should use the clear silk worm?

Clear Silkworm is more elastic and stroger than Yigal and allow your hands to be closely examinable. The only thing I dun like Yigals' are just they can be seen on the wrist. I should go out and get some tan, perhaps this will solve the problem for the Yigal's loops (maybe applicable to the black silkworm)...lol

Bob
Best Regards,

Bob
mrmuji
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of mrmuji
I got my black Silkworm thread today. Having playing with them for a couple of hours I thought I have rubberbands on my hand! It's so tough and elastic, can move lots of cards while doing the haunted deck! the only drawn back is they are just too visible and shiney
Best Regards,

Bob
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Look for the new Silk Worm IETR soon
magicdoctor
View Profile
Veteran user
Wi.
377 Posts

Profile of magicdoctor
I have to say I have both the clear and the black Silk Worm thread, both very strong.But tough to conceal.Iv'e tried to split the thread which to me is almost impossible,I have to say I like Yigals thread better.sorry DMANN.
Michael Von Schroeder [url]www.vonmagic.com[/url]
mitchb2
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of mitchb2
Quote:
On 2007-08-14 20:21, mrmuji wrote:
the only drawn back is they are just too visible and shiney

Strip it into 2 strands, and color it with a black Sharpie.
mrmuji
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of mrmuji
Hey Mitchb2, I find it real hard to split the clear silk worm. I tried with a pair of tweezers but still cannot split them. How exactly do you do that?

I reckon if the strength of the split silk worm is gonna like Pet2.0 from Penguin magic, Pet2.0 is way too fragile. Nevertheless I probably still prefer Yigals then it'd be the clear silk worm. Sorry ***n, but I still like your clear SW Smile
Best Regards,

Bob
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
Splitting it with a pencil eraser works pretty well.
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
I recently received my clear Silk Worm thread and I have been trying to use it to do the haunted deck effect. But for some reason my loop breaks every time the cards start to move. A lot of people commented on how strong this thread is which is why I'm a little frustrated that mine keeps breaking. I go slow when doing the haunted deck and the tension is increased slowly, so I'm not sure why this keeps happening. I'm new to IE thread, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Matt
RabbitInDaHat
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of RabbitInDaHat
A few tips:

1) Try stretching the loop before you do the H.D. (Or any effect for that matter) Stretch it out to the point where you feel tension, and rotate your hands around....careful not to snap it..because you are doing it with it stretched out....

2) Try doing it with about 1/4 of the deck on top of the selected card. At first, I tried doing it with about half, or more of the deck on top, and this causes a lot of problems (until you get comfortable with it...and then you can get closer to 1/2 the deck)

3) which direction are you pulling your hand away? DON'T pull strait up. You want the top part of the deck to split off to the side, and if you pull up, you're putting way too much tension on the thread, and it WILL almost always snap. You want to either pull your hands to the side or at roughly 45 degrees from the deck.

These are only suggestions, and you might find that some work or some don't work for you....the best bet tip I can give anyone who's interested in loop work is to experiment. Try different sizes of loops (my biggest issue at first was I was making my loops WAY TOO SMALL.....any sort of distance from the deck and they would be stretched to capacity....and once a loop is at that point, it won't be too forgiving...and it will snap. Maybe try different handling techniques (for how to attach the loop to items and stuff.)

Since you get SO MUCH THREAD on either the Silk Worm or on the Infinity spools...you can afford to snap a few dozen loops....just remember to learn from your mistakes.

I've also found that sometimes loops just like to snap for no real reason. I've had loops snap when taking them off my rig and putting them onto my wrist. But this is pretty rare.

I hope this helped.
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
Thanks for the suggestions RabbitInDaHat. I will continue to experiment to see what works best for me.

Matt
goodell
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of goodell
Quote:
On 2007-08-18 19:44, mrmuji wrote:
Hey Mitchb2, I find it real hard to split the clear silk worm. I tried with a pair of tweezers but still cannot split them. How exactly do you do that?

I reckon if the strength of the split silk worm is gonna like Pet2.0 from Penguin magic, Pet2.0 is way too fragile. Nevertheless I probably still prefer Yigals then it'd be the clear silk worm. Sorry ***n, but I still like your clear SW Smile

can the clear be split? has anyone done it successfully? I only tried the black
RabbitInDaHat
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of RabbitInDaHat
And you can actually split the black into 3 strands...not just 2 Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Silk Worm Invisible Elastic Thread (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL