The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Winged Silver (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Austini
View Profile
New user
CA, Temecula
48 Posts

Profile of Austini
Does anyone perform Winged Silver here? If so were did you learn it. Im asking this question because I really like this routine and want to know if anybody else does also.
Griff
View Profile
Loyal user
Florida
284 Posts

Profile of Griff
Hey Austini. Yes I do this routine. It has been very good to me over the yrs. I originally learned it from Kauffman's book Coin Magic. It's a very clean and visual coins across. There are some more visual routines for sure, but I consider this one a classic.
Griff
Austini
View Profile
New user
CA, Temecula
48 Posts

Profile of Austini
Thank you Griff, I learned mine from MCM and have been perfecting it, the last few days or so.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
I do winged silver from roth's book, I use the edge grip handling, I do it when I don't have a [
sleightofhander
View Profile
Special user
586 Posts

Profile of sleightofhander
I do a routine using a some silver walking liberties and a centavo coin.
sleightofhander
View Profile
Special user
586 Posts

Profile of sleightofhander
By the way, I'ts based on the handling out of Roth's Expert coin magic book but with a different presentation.
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
It is one of my daily practice routines and it is usually one of the first things I do when performing. I use David Roth's version with walking liberties.....
Where I go, so do my coins.....
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
Same here Fingers, Roth's version.
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
815 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
Same here. Always works.

Phedon
...The only easy day is yesterday...
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
Wow, I was under the impression I was just about the only one who liked that routine! I always get great results with the spectators and I like the fact that you don't need any gaffs. I also think it is a excellent exercise to warm your hands up for classic palming.
Where I go, so do my coins.....
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3412 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
I learned/was taught "Winged Silver" from/by David years ago.

FWIW

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27152 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2007-02-11 09:42, Fingers wrote:
Wow, I was under the impression I was just about the only one who liked that routine! ...

There are posts by at least one other member on the café from years ago saying to all and sundry that they do the thing as written. Smile

Reading remains fundamental
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Rik Chew
View Profile
Special user
538 Posts

Profile of Rik Chew
Is this the version from Bobos where one coin at a time disappears, or the Roth version?
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8842 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Austini, there are many that do Winged Silver. Nice routine and one of the early ones I learned out of Bobo's, then from one of Roth's dvd's later on. Nice routine that teaches a lot and specs really enjoy. Check Magic Video Depot, and do a search on "Winged Silver" and you'll see just how many people do the effect. It's an old favorite of many. Enjoy and welcome to the Café...Smile -MB
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27152 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I was making reference to the Roth version from his 76 lecture.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Austini
View Profile
New user
CA, Temecula
48 Posts

Profile of Austini
Thank you for the advice Mb217, I will do that.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4163 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
David performs his winged silver routine on the NYCMS vol 1 COINS ACROSS DVD set, along with a few other coins across versions he loves. Along with routines from Rubinstein, Gallo, Latta, and Harbottle, 27 routines in all.
AT LAST - a NEW fun coins across!! MIGRATE is filled with laughs, magic, cool moves, lasts over 3 minutes, uses props, comes in a Poker Chip version or special Deluxe version with coins, and is about...BEARS!
https://youtu.be/gGjMtW1DLjA

Send inquiries to rubinsteindvm@aol.com

Available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used in the book.
anningmay
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles, CA
29 Posts

Profile of anningmay
I have always loved this routine, and it has been a "go-to" routine for me for some time... I first learned it from "Coinmagic" by Richard Kaufman.

This routine, more than any other, was the one that inspired me to develop a good CP. It is fun to practice AND perform!!

Dave
David Manning
rikbrooks
View Profile
Inner circle
Olive Branch, Mississippi
1317 Posts

Profile of rikbrooks
I do Winged Silver constantly. The handling that I do comes from Bobo's MCM but of course I changed the patter
travisb
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
533 Posts

Profile of travisb
Yes, have performed Roth's version lots--it's the first coins across I learned. It's direct, practical, and if you can get rid of the last coin cleanly (usually at a table) it'll fool most people. I learned it off David Roth's videos, and still remember being baffled by it (due to his perfect shuttle pass). I think a key to it is the timing. It has to move pretty smoothly--not necessarily super fast, but I don't think it's a routine where you can pause and let things sink in. The moment for that is the very end after you're clean.

Then again, that may just reflect a sort of magician's guilt or lack of confidence in the method, but in my experience people don't get the truly baffled look on their face until after the right hand is shown empty (and sometimes not at all, since they think they know how it's done). It doesn't have the "feeling of impossibility" that a routine with a shell tends to have, and so you've got to keep it moving.

Maybe the edge grip version would change that, but I don't do that one...

Anyways. A really good routine that I've used lots and which is great training for some essential techniques.

-Travis
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Winged Silver (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL