The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Winged Silver (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
Wow, I guess I was wrong, people do like "Winged Silver". It would have been cool to learn it the way you learned it Mr. Taylor. I first learned it in Bobo's, then from the David Roth's DVD's.....
Where I go, so do my coins.....
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27151 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2007-02-12 07:06, travisb wrote:
Yes, have performed Roth's version lots--it's the first coins across I learned. It's direct, practical, and if you can get rid of the last coin cleanly (usually at a table) it'll fool most people. ...

Give the matter of that last coin's vanish some more thought and you will find several ways of ending "clean". Even the thumb slide (as in the hole routine) can get you going and also set you up for a later effect. Smile From there you may want to explore a pull or holdout.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
I never have a problem with the last coin. I just pick up the 4 coins in the end and do a shuttle pass, while retaining one, to the other hand and then toss them back on the table with some patter. Well, it works for me and no one seems to suspect a thing.....
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27151 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Fingers, it's the last vanish that some of us like to sell.

BTW some of my work on the basic plot is in the September issue of Genii.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
Oops, didn't mean to step on anyones toes Mr. Townsend. I still have to figure out how I am going to get a copy of that September issue of Genii too. In fact I think I will work on that now.....
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
Just PM'ed you Mr. Townsend. I just came from the Genii site and I was able to get the September back issue with no problem, man that was easier than I thought. They say it will be shipped within two days, I can't wait!
dxsare
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of dxsare
For all of you who like winged silver, you should check out Cocktail Coins Across on The Magic of David Stone Vol 2. It uses 4 silver halves and an english penny. It also uses a copper/silver coin. A very visual coins across involving a spectator. I have been performing this trick lately and everybody loves it. Now I'm putting the finishing touches on winged silver which I started learning because of this thread. Gotta love the Café!!

Stevie D
-Stevie D
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
I have heard a lot of good things about David Stone, but sorry to say I don't own any of his works. That "Cocktails Coins Across" sounds pretty interesting Stevie D. I think you just gave me a good reason to checkout some of his material, thanks.....
rikbrooks
View Profile
Inner circle
Olive Branch, Mississippi
1317 Posts

Profile of rikbrooks
I just looked up the Bobo Community Project to see how it is going and thought I'd watch someone else doing Winged Silver. It was very, very different than what I do. I could see it was a lot like what I do, it's a coins across with 3 coins. I could remember doing it pretty much as they do it on the project but somehow over the course of the years I must have made one tiny change then another until they look like two entirely different tricks.

That was entirely unintentional.

Odd, ain't it?
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
Actually rikbrooks I find myself doing pretty much the same thing in a lot of routines I practice. I think it is almost an involuntery type thing.

I have DVD's of a lot of routines that I do or am working on and once I have the routine down, at least the mechanics of it, I put the DVD away. However, sometimes I go back and look at the DVD of the routine I am working on from time to time, say maybe to verify or check a certain part of the routine and find that I made small changes here and there and didn't even realize it. They may be small changes, but nonetheless changes.

I can see after a long period of time doing a particular routine where almost an entire new routine could evolve. The basic routine would still be there, but your personal flare would be added, hmm say by magic.....
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3412 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
That "kid" on the BCP used coins that sounded an awful lot like, shall we say, non-standard issue.

JMHO

CHeers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Winged Silver (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL