The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Music... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

majical
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of majical
Hi everyone,

Do you have any tips for finding music to go with an act? When I watch a good manipulation act, I usually find myself thinking, "Wow, that music is great...I wonder where he found it." But of course, the last thing I want to do is just use the same music as some other guy. However, I am having trouble finding good music on my own. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Micah
David Boyd
View Profile
Regular user
NYC
197 Posts

Profile of David Boyd
You can look At your favorite movies .. for inspiration... like movie soundtracks..

Take your Favorite music .. and perform to an instrumental version of that song.. you'll be surprised..

hope that helped
Peace
David Boyd

www.myspace.com/harlemmagic
Paul Jester
View Profile
Special user
UK
759 Posts

Profile of Paul Jester
Well, I got mine by buying a whole bunch of music in the genre I was looking for, usually cheaper compilation albums, and listening to it and trying it. I look for the time the track runs, and a good intro. Also, depending on the routine either a pronounced or discreat rhthym. It takes a long time to find music that fits, especially when you're starting out because your act changes so much in the first year or two. But to give you an idea, my music runs: "Music from Stella Artois Advert that's no longer on TV, Music from the Godfather, and Music from The Lord of the Rings" aka "Jean de Floret, The Godfather Waltz, and Into the West" I had to make a couple of small adjustments to the mix, and add an ending on, but now if I make any changes to the act, they're made to fit the music!

Of course the best is live music, or to have music especially written for you. This doesn't have to be anything heavy. I have two pianists I use, as both are busy performers, and often I'll find the cabarets I do have some sort of band or keyboard, so then you'd need dots (unless using something very well known). Of course, I still have my tape!

Also remember with music your timing is incredibly important, your magic becomes almost like a dance, everything the audience sees is done to the beat of the music, it makes you look far more professional. Let the music narrate the action, and your face respond.

Good Luck!
Paul
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Music... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL