The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Turns out Criss doesn't pay his stooges... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
He just makes all of them sign secrecy agreements..

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=4907093

So magical!
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10574 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Wow! Big Surprise!!! Smile

All you have to do is watch the show to spot the stooges. He really needs a stoogecraft expert - but it really is likely too late....
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
Well, I know it's not a surprise, but using the same stooges for 4 days? That I didn't really expect.

At least they should give those people some money, looks like they work even harder than Criss on the show! Smile
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10574 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Yep, but part of the Magic is getting people to work free!
Malchat
View Profile
Special user
The Kingdom of Croiset and Wonder
885 Posts

Profile of Malchat
Quote:
On 2007-02-11 09:17, Dr Spektor wrote:
Yep, but part of the Magic is getting people to work free!

You sound like my agent.
“You are what you pretend to be.”
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10574 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I'm used to it from my own work where the University and hospital culture is to expect you do all academic work for free to serve the greater good - but all the CEOs and Deans etc keep getting to fly to Tuscany and Monaco for "conferences"... Smile

I figure if I'll do work for free - it is because I love it and get emotional satisfaction out of ikt (like taking time and sharing ideas with the gang around here!)
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24100 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Funny if his stooges are paying him because they want to be on tv getting experience to become an actor/actress. Smile
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
From the way they all act there, I don't think they would have much success in that..
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
I hope he pays his family to stand on the sidelines being interviewed about how much they worry about him... His brothers look like they need the money.... Smile
Smile When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...Smile
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2830 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
"Television.....

When that era comes tripping along, and it won't be long hence, the smallest of table tricks will be of value to any magician......However, one group of mystery workers, no two groups, will be out of luck as far as television goes. One is the escape artist who depends upon his audience for assistance, and the other is the mind reader and mentalist who needs help form his audience also. At any rate, magicians who do get work won't be able to humbug the audience with stooges and plants."

Whoops! Who made that prediction 70 years ago?
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
The real issue with stooges, in my opinion, is that the psycology of using them really panders to the viewing public's lowest common denominators.

In that respect, Criss Angel has nothing to worry about.....

Smile
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Mariagi
View Profile
Special user
MIND, MYTH & MAGICK
654 Posts

Profile of Mariagi
Quote:
On 2007-02-11 14:11, Bill Cushman wrote:
"Television.....

When that era comes tripping along, and it won't be long hence, the smallest of table tricks will be of value to any magician......However, one group of mystery workers, no two groups, will be out of luck as far as television goes. One is the escape artist who depends upon his audience for assistance, and the other is the mind reader and mentalist who needs help form his audience also. At any rate, magicians who do get work won't be able to humbug the audience with stooges and plants."

Someone who was not good at doing predictions ??
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
What is the purpose of putting stooges on the show, if almost everyone at home know they are stooges? Doesn't it ruin the whole meaning of that?

Using stooges should be done in a smart way, not the way you see on Mindfreak. It's like they think that teenagers mostly watch the show, so they wouldn't notice anyway no matter how obvious it is. A little insulting, if you ask me..
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10574 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Teenagers are usually more hip to seeing the stooge factor than adults
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
It's just weird that he has so many important people in his production, and he's doing tricks that any kid with a camera can do without knowing any magic at all.

There were times that they made him disppear by pausing the camera, or zooming in so that the viewers can't see what everyone there can see. I mean, that's the kind of stuff I used to do when I was a kid! And everyone made fun of me for doing that..
Mariagi
View Profile
Special user
MIND, MYTH & MAGICK
654 Posts

Profile of Mariagi
On this I fully agree with djm

its sad to lower the bar like that but if the market want that,lets give that to the market ..ShUck!!
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2007-02-11 16:03, DJM wrote:

...What is the purpose of putting stooges on the show.....

.....It's like they think that teenagers mostly watch the show, so they wouldn't notice anyway no matter how obvious it is. A little insulting, if you ask me..

Smile I think you might have something there. I think the producers of that show have a very, VERY keen sense of what the demographic of the show and *exactly* who watches it (from a statistical point of view, anyhow)...

Perhaps I'm just being cynical, though. Smile
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Richie Dagger
View Profile
Loyal user
Tucson, AZ
268 Posts

Profile of Richie Dagger
Quote:
On 2007-02-11 15:28, Mariagi wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-02-11 14:11, Bill Cushman wrote:
"Television.....

Someone who was incredibly brilliant and influential ??

(it was Annemann by the way)
Mariagi
View Profile
Special user
MIND, MYTH & MAGICK
654 Posts

Profile of Mariagi
Quote:
On 2007-02-12 00:59, Richie Dagger wrote:

[/quote]

Thanks! I forgot that part. So the complete answer is - Someone who was incredibly brilliant and influential while not good at directing his life and NOT good at doing predictions. Feel better now Richie ??
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2007-02-12 03:16, Mariagi wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-02-12 00:59, Richie Dagger wrote:

Thanks! I forgot that part. So the complete answer is - Someone who was incredibly brilliant and influential while not good at directing his life and NOT good at doing predictions. Feel better now Richie ??
[/quote]

but, guys... we see through his "stoogecraft" (is that a real word?) right away! Doesn't that prove Annemann right?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Turns out Criss doesn't pay his stooges... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.44 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL