The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Turns out Criss doesn't pay his stooges... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
GUYS! PLEASE! SAY that this is all a lie. PLEASE! For my love of mindfreak and all things banachek, jermay, and angel please tell me you all are lying and criss really does have super secret powers that we don't.
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
Relax, no one here claimed that he doesn't have any super powers, just that he's using stooges in some of his effects. One time he climbed up a wall without anyone watching, so it's not like he needs stooges to prove his paranormal abilities.

Sorry if this thread caused any confusion for some people.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20029 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Ok ok ok. Hang on a second.

First off I am not sure how shocked to be. Heck many of us called this ball and this pocket after show one season one.

He uses stooges. No biggie.

I guess my main problem is the OBVIOUS use of them. People watching know it and it hurts the show in my opinion.

IF I had to do entire seasons of magic, 3 at last count, I would probably resort to stooges, or whatever you want to call them. BUT I may be just a bit less obvious in their use.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Carlos the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1234 Posts

Profile of Carlos the Great
Hey Danny,

Good to see you around.

I agree. It's not the use of the s-words, it's how they are used that is the problem. I can't remember the source but I remember reading/hearing the idea that stooges offend the audience because they then think that the performer didn't do anything special. It's a "Oh, well, ANYBODY can do that" type moment. The exact opposite of everything a performer tried to build up.

For fans of Ortiz's "Strong Magic", it represents an instant loss of prestige.

That being said, in the right situation, I would gladly use one (or even two!).

-Carlos
Cognite tute
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1418 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Many people whom I talk with about the show, (that have watched it several times) are no longer mystified. In fact, they no longer watch it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Turns out Criss doesn't pay his stooges... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL