The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » New David Regal Effects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
David Regal has two new effects out that look great:

The Regal Color Changing Deck -- A deck that truly changes color. Not just the backs but the front of the cards as well.

and

Off With His Head -- A very cool looking packet trick which takes B'Wave to a whole new level. It's a mental-magic effect, not mentalism effect, but it's oh so cool.

He's actually offering a deal where you can get the two new tricks plus Sudden Deck II or Disposable Deck for only $50.

Check out the demos at regalmagic.com.

BTW, I am not affiliated with David Regal in any way. Just a fan of his work. Smile
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
David Regal is one of my favorite Mqgicians to watch. He cracks me up. And his thinking is so clever. These are sure to be winners!
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
OOO YAY! I love David's stuff and cannot wait for his new effects.
The Conjuror
View Profile
Regular user
Illinois, USA
132 Posts

Profile of The Conjuror
I have to say that Off With His Head is very similar to Bwave. It's nice that you are able to show the faces before the effect happens. I guess it would be a nice rendition of Bwave for adults and teens. On the other hand, The Regal Color Changing Deck totally blew me away! I'm very tempted to take advantage of that deal on the website. Thanks for pointing it out.
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
828 Posts

Profile of David Regal
I love B'wave (and Parade of the Kings, a precursor) and have nothing but praise for them. Having said that, I look forward to seeing posts after people start performing "Off With His Head" on real live humans, and see the effect it has. It is not an intellectual mental mystery...it doesn't make a person ponder and go "hmmmm..." - it gets an audible reaction. Part of this is, I think, because of the way the card physically changes, but it's also due to the trick's hook: "Did you ever want to kill a guy...?" So, yes, "Off With His Head" belongs to the same family of tricks, but has some wrinkles of its own.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
That's a great deal. off with his head is funny, and I think it will replace entourage as my carry on packet trick. iv heard lots of good things about sudden deck II I ordered the package so we will see
Mystification
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of Mystification
David Regal, you are a comic genius! I wish you would put out some more dvd's. don't even need any new material, heck, just repeat the same effects that you did in your last dvd, just switch audiences! I must say you are my favorite to watch, never a dull moment!

I will be purchasing this effect as well!
rawheadrex
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of rawheadrex
I have had a chance to check out his color changing deck, I must say the cards are amazing !!!! and there is so many routines you could do with them ,off with his head looks ok ( but it's no entourage Josh ........Kidding )I think tossing out some loose heads would for sure get a cool reaction. Does the effect come with the cut outs David ?

2 thumb tips up for your Color Changing Deck !!!

cheers
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
828 Posts

Profile of David Regal
Dear Rawheadrex -

Yes, "Off With His Head" includes the heads for you to do with as you will. When you get the cards, one card has been custom die-cut to remove the heads. You just poke out the heads with your finger. They are completely cut, but due to the fine die work the heads remain in place until you poke them out. It seems impossible, but it's true. And those heads vanishing after they've seen the face of every card...it hits people in a special way.

As for the C.C. Deck thank you, I agree that the decks are pretty cool - I lusted after them for years and finally succumbed to temptation and had them made!
TCG438
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of TCG438
I am lucky enough to have known David for a number of years now, both from the Magic Castle, and Dean's Shoppe.
He is one of the best thinkers in magic today.
I recently had the pleasure of seeing his first show of the week several weeks ago at the Castle, and the new effects he is marketing. These are great items and play not only for magicians, but for the lay audience as well.
David Regal...
Super Genius.
TCG438
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of TCG438
I am lucky enough to have known David for a number of years now, both from the Magic Castle, and Dean's Shoppe.
He is one of the best thinkers in magic today.
I recently had the pleasure of seeing his first show of the week several weeks ago at the Castle, and the new effects he is marketing. These are great items and play not only for magicians, but for the lay audience as well.
David Regal...
Super Genius.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I think I'm having the exact opposite reaction as some of the people here. The color changing deck looks absolutely wonderful. But it's "Off With His Head" that I will probably purchase and use the most. It's a very different effect than B'Wave. Well, it's a more magical effect (as opposed to a purely mental effect). Very strong magic.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
Well without seeming too kiss *** I hope that Mr Regal never susses out that he could probably charge good money just for his demo's !!!! Those two demos have quite cheered me up, its fantastic to see a demo (or two) that show somebody really performing an effect to the max.

Well that's enough Regal Love for now, I'm off to purchase The Color Changing Deck.
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
817 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Definitely a good deal.
Thanks David.
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1357 Posts

Profile of bekralik
I've just received these. I agree with Cameron, Off With His Head starts strong and ends strong. Hilarious premise and commercial routine. Also, I'm thinking of getting some extra colour-changing decks to play regular poker with and have everyone think their rods and cones are mixed-up. Two great releases.

Brian
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
A great deal.
The Regal Color Changing Deck and Off with his Head are such fun!
Bravo Mr. Regal!
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
828 Posts

Profile of David Regal
Eddie -

Bravo yourself on that borderline creepy avatar!
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Boderline creepy? I was going full on creepy Smile
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
828 Posts

Profile of David Regal
How did you get it to whisper like that, telling me to kill...?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » New David Regal Effects (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL