The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » BUV The Boss Utility Vanish (What a name) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Just wanted to share this vanish with all the coin workers in the Café'!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nSIoZkDbGA

Have fun guys!

Rannie Raymundo
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Harlequin
View Profile
Special user
Melbourne, Australia
686 Posts

Profile of Harlequin
Beautiful retention of vision. Great work Rannie!
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Thanks mate!

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
What I like about the Boss's vanish it looks so natural and no detectable finger movement.This vanish even looks great doing it from the finger tips,,,,,,
another winner from the manila enforcer
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
It reminds me of jay sankey's retension pass the way it has that extra beat to it rather than the usual two beats.
Jim Salabim
View Profile
Loyal user
Skien, Norway
240 Posts

Profile of Jim Salabim
I like it!

;)
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Just catching up with this one Rannie...Very nicely done, my friend. Smile -MB
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
How do you distinguish this from the Schneider move?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
I would not know as I have not seen the Schneider move. Also which of the many Schneider moves? How to distinguish method wise? From what you saw on the vid.. did it look the same? We don't have much materials available in Manila you see. I sent you the explanation for tis twice in the past.

Anyway, The BUV uses gravity. Almost zero finger movement. If any movement at all, it is not to push or pull the coin. No extention.

Can you direct me to where I can order Schneider's material on this vanish?
If it is exactly the same then I'll park it.

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Jonarhan wrote how do you distinguish this from Schneider move...
are you kidding ,,,,,,apples and oranges
that's like me sayinghow do you distinguish your 3 fly from kenners.....
The only difference if you pm rannie he would show you in detail what he is doing then you can make a statement like you did...
vinny
Come check out my magic.

B_Bishop
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of B_Bishop
No offense to The Godfather or The Enforcer or to The Ultimate Warrior, but I don't really understand why this is being considered something new. Schneider, almong others have explored this type of vanish ad nauseum. I'm not taking away from the handling, which is quite pretty, but as far as rentention vanishes of this sort...it's been done. Gravity or otherwise.

Brett
MichaelKent
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of MichaelKent
Beautiful move, rannie. very deceptive and well executed.

I think the apprehension that you're meeting here is because you're naming the move in the thread. Why not post it and get a reaction first. then if someone comes back and says "oh, schenider did that in his book, x and y," then you'll know it's been done. Otherwise, naming the move might come a little later?
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Sorry I have never seen Schneider do this vanish without moving his fingers...or get the retention of vision( BURN that Rannie gets..
if he does please put up a demo for all to see
vinny

ps vanishes my look the same but this does not mean they are the same in method
Come check out my magic.

Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2007-02-23 15:45, vinsmagic wrote:
Sorry I have never seen Schneider do this vanish without moving his fingers...or get the retention of vision( BURN that Rannie gets..
if he does please put up a demo for all to see
vinny

ps vanishes my look the same but this does not mean they are the same in method

I've used the move at the start of my Retention-To-EG for... a while now. This is pretty much what most learned as the Vernon (Bobo) or Roth (CoinMagic) retention pass just done one finger higher so you wind up ready to get into EG as opposed to Nowhere Palm. Smile As far as published precedents go, my version hit print in 86 when Harry Published the item 'Coin go-return'. I have to give the basic credit to Schneider though since I am pretty sure I tried out the items in his book at the time.

You can find Al's move on page 18 of Al Schneider on Coins as the "Snap Back" vanish.

That approach has been pretty well explored since Al published back in 1975. Another similar "looking" handling was published by Richard Kaufman in CoinMagic in the context of his "Visual Drop Switch" item.

Anyway that is why the QUESTION about distinguishing the sleights.

These days most folks know that getting a burn is a timing and angle thing and that many false transfers can offer a burn if you are willing to work at it. Heck, some of us get a nice burn doing a French Drop.

And as to technical discussion or Rannie's work... sure I'd prefer we take that into PM.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
No worries gentlemen! Its a name that was given to it by peole who have seen it. The last concern for me is to name it. Whether its new or old..... mine or whoever...it does not matter to me really. Names don't do the sleight for me. Until someone sees my method and not just the look of the move.... It can be public domain for all I care. I say this humbly gentlemen. Sincerely! Its just a move. Please have this locked or have someone change that freakin name. That is why I even said What A Freakin Name. I wish we had more books and videos in Manila. That way I and my fellow magicians back home could be more aware with sources and credits. There are no shops here see. All we have is imagination.

Some final words ....

There are five digits on our hand which bend pretty much the same way Bob or Joe, Pedro or Juan's hand does. Same number of joints etc. There are really no new moves by now. New takes and some adjustments here or there perhaps.

Thank you Michael Kent for your kind and assuring words. It was just a bad title for a topic. How on earth can I claim it? With all these giants before me and with all the wonderful sleights created long before we were born? There is nothing new anymore.

Brett, who ever said it was new? Just curious? I hecked out the entire thread and no one said it was new. Ultimate Warrior??? I was a big fan of the Ultimate Warrior.

Jonathan... Thanks for the sources. I'll try to find them. I have several vanishes that looked similar. Never with this much burn though. From the front most sleight look the same. They should actually. Its the work from behind that varies. Anyway.... I do not have to discuss the method. I have shared it with some members and Perhaps they can say how diff it is from the back. Even if it is... It can be called anything. For those who I sent the methods to...Its all yours gentlemen. It is BUV no more. Its the Schneider Vanish, The Vernon, Roth , Townsend Retention to EG ...or the Café friends Vanish from now on.

Enjoy and no worries.

Rannie

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Who said rannie was doing SNAP BACK , Just because somnething looks the same means nothing .....
its not the buv
it is now called the raymundo vanish ......schnieder's technique is nothing like rannies.
please put up demo opf roth or schneider or anyone else doing this so we can compare..
Come check out my magic.

Ethan the emazing
View Profile
Elite user
anywhere but here USA
454 Posts

Profile of Ethan the emazing
Awesome trick rannie very nicely done.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Attention:::::::::
Rannie was kind enough to send me the handling for his Vanish ......
if anyone is interestred and wants to learn this technique , pm me with e mail address and I will send a demo.....with Rannie explaining the effect.
Rannie is one of the most creative magicians , being part of la Famiglia he wants his material to be shared with the magic community,and having his work compared to others is a honor.....
there is no book or page by a certain author just pm me .
Vinny
Come check out my magic.

Cinnamon
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Cinnamon
I've seen this being practiced, and well, being perfected in the tavern. It's amazing, really. The discussion with regards to this move had been clarified in our home forums. This is beautiful. Added with more grace, this is better than perfect.
PMVIVA
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
460 Posts

Profile of PMVIVA
It is indeed a really cool move and very very very deceiptive as the fingers do not move at all. I've been practising the Rubinstein's retention vanish he taughts in his Knock Out Coin Magic videos, and I like it becouse the hands start and end the same way, but there's finger extention.
If you have an apple and I have an apple, when we exchange them we both have an apple. If I have an idea and you haven an idea, when we exchange them we both have two ideas.

Supporting the open source community.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » BUV The Boss Utility Vanish (What a name) (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL