The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Trying to get ahead - or a hand. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nosher
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of Nosher
Not my cup of tea, but I came across this and thought you bizarros might be interested.

Here's the online catalogue for the Baltimore Dime Museum Liquidation Auction.
http://www.opferauction.com/sales/oaSale_022607_3.php

Possibly expensive with the usual premiums etc, but there are a couple on nice shrunken heads, hands and other sundry creepy things.

My favourite is "Head of Harold" on page 3.

Cheers.
Escapemaster-in-chief from all sorts of houdingplaces - Finnegans Wake
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
437 Posts

Profile of scolman
Thanks for posting that Nosher.
A treasure trove for the bizarre collector and performer. I especially like the old torture instruments and the shock therapy devices. "Methinks some stories are a forming".
It's amazing how the creative juices are stimulated by the weird and wonderful.

I'll keep an eye on the items. I wonder if there'll be an e bay listing as well.

Simon
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Sorry, just bought it all. no need to inquire any further folks, move along...
Harlequin
View Profile
Special user
Melbourne, Australia
688 Posts

Profile of Harlequin
The fake Lincoln poop is the most bizarre item there. It would fit well into any crap routine though. Smile
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5107 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
The Lincoln thing is a great exhibit. It has two levels of documentation. One is a certificate signed by the physician who attended his death, and the keeper of the presidential privy at Ford's Theatre, where he was shot, attesting to the reality of the thing.

The next letter is dated 1903, if I remember correctly, and says that so-and-so examined the "fecal" material, and found it to be nothing more than black NECCO wafers (a type of candy, for those outside the US).

Also, The Hand Of Spider Lil is a superb exhibit.

If anybody lives in proximity to the ADM, and hasn't seen it, you must go on one of the viewing days. Cancel any other obligations you have, even were it your own funeral, and go. It's a treasure-trove of history and bizarredom, soon to be gone. The richness of the world will be diminished for its loss.

They even named a museum wing after me. It was the wing of a stuffed duck, left wing I think, but I was proud of it.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Flesh eating toads and baby demons - oh my!

It is the Bizarre reBirth!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4204 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Such wonderful stuff!

The Detector Deer, creative taxidermy used to detect aliens? What supposedly was going on with that item?

I need one.

I have plenty of fake Lincoln poop already...just waiting on the documentation
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Trying to get ahead - or a hand. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL