The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Flicker manuscript release. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Just wanted to make it known to everyone that Flicker has finally been re-released. You can see a video and read the info here:
http://www.michaelpaulmagic.com/flicker.htm

Thanks!

Hope to hear what you think of it soon.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Um, wow? Sounds incredible. Reactions looked great. I'd love to see the actual effect though. Please, not at all trying to be rude or anything, I just really want to see it now.

Thanks
Glenn
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Trestkon
View Profile
New user
Canada
94 Posts

Profile of Trestkon
Hahah, "I know the laws of atomic physics", classic!

It would indeed be nice to see the actual effect, but the reactions seem awesome Smile
-Larry
Tony Chapparo
View Profile
Special user
Albuquerque, NM
704 Posts

Profile of Tony Chapparo
I use this effect in my walk around and close up sets.

It is killer!

I have most of Michael's notes his magic is made for workers strong, clean, visual magic!
Tony Chapparo
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
I purchased this as soon as I recieved the email, its an amazing effect.
I have the Show No Mercy manuscript which contains this, but that was just the beginning and this is the real work on it.
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Quote:
On 2007-02-12 23:21, gdw wrote:
Um, wow? Sounds incredible. Reactions looked great. I'd love to see the actual effect though. Please, not at all trying to be rude or anything, I just really want to see it now.

Thanks
Glenn

If I showed you a video of it, you still wouldn't see the effect... it's partly an optical illusion that tricks the human eye into seeing a card rapidly flicker from red to blue, then back to red. After that, I routine the optical illusion and other subtleties to create an intense reaction. You wouldn't be able to see the optical illusion on film, so I didn't show it. However, realizing that people might be a little hesitant, I posted a bunch of links at the bottom of the page so that you could read the feeling of other magicians after they had bought the original version. The new manuscript is the evolved version with several routines and ideas. As you can see from the video, it plays great for all different kinds of crowds.

Tony, John, thanks for the nice compliments. I'm really glad you liked the material... I take great pride in my magic, and I want to get a reputation for releasing material that you can actually use. Nothing is worse then buying a product and immediately realizing it will never make it into your act. Remember what I always say, If you have any questions or need any help with any of the material, please let me know. Everyone that purchases from me has my email address, don't hesitate to use it if you have questions!

Mike
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
Does the download have DRM? That stuff is a real pain!
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Sorry, don't even know what drm is... ?
nikyas
View Profile
Loyal user
Kuala Lumpur
207 Posts

Profile of nikyas
Do we received any videos with the pdf? I just download it, but there is only the pdf file.
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
No video, just a pdf download. If you want a copy of the teaser vid for whatever reason, let me know, and I'll get it to you (or you might be able to just copy it from the web page).
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Do you have bundle downloads. Like, if I wanted to get Show No Mercy and Flicker? Also, is there a discription of the effects taught in Show No Mercy?

Regards,
Jeremy Hanrahan
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
nikyas
View Profile
Loyal user
Kuala Lumpur
207 Posts

Profile of nikyas
Another great product by Michael paul! great customer service too!
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
WHOA wait a second, Mike where have I been? So you have this again for purchase?
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Ah man, just downloaded it, and could not resist Show No Mercy as well, *** you lol.
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, could not resist Simply Devestating, such strong magic. The force is strong in you lol. YAYAYA I will let you all know what I think after a couple of months going through the notes. I will go over Flicker first. Until then friends.

Jeremy Hanrahan
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the nice words, I'm glad you like the notes. All of those pieces are effects that I use to make my living as a full time performer. I hope you get as much use out of them as I have.

Mike
Matt Bartz
View Profile
Loyal user
Gilbert, Arizona
252 Posts

Profile of Matt Bartz
Mike-
When I click on the link for Flicker, it is the only product there. How can someone get to your other products.

Also, I remember you mentioning that you had a DVD coming in February or March...any word on it?

Matt
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Hi Matt! Just waiting on the cover art for the DVD, should be out by the end of the month.

My other products are at http://michaelpaulmagic.com/instantdownloads.htm

Thanks for asking, if you pick up flicker, please let me know how you like it... this is one of my favorite effects.
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Flicker, what an amazing concept. At first I could not see the point of this effect until I got it. Right away I put one of the easy to use routinus to work in my basement. I have never used this method before, only to vanish coins, or small animals(kidding). When I watched it happen in my hands, I knew I had a winner. Last night I tried it out for the first unexpecting customer. She just looked at me and could say nothing. I let in sink in and then she reacted mildly to the effect. I finished with her and approched another table. This time the reaction was over the top, really was not expecting this, just having had a mild reaction just minutes before. It had to do with the way I presented the effect the first time. The second table got there dollars worth with this effect, I performed it just the way it is taught in the pdf. I used the basic handling for last night because I did not want to put to much time into something that would bomb at my gigs. I can honestly say I will be putting in the time to fine tune the presentation, and maybe even using one of the last effects in the pdf. The pdf is well written, and does leave lots to the imagination. Which I like. This principal will take your magic to a higher level as viewed by your spectators. It is fun to perform and the spectators really do all the work, because it is an optical illusion. I give it a strong 9 out of 10. The only reason I dinged it 1 point was because of the price. I think Michael should charge double for this pdf. Really top drawer stuff. Also be sure to download Show No Mercy it kills. I will review that, once I can work some of the effects into my routine. But I know they will slay any spectator.

Regards,
Jeremy Hanrahan
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Mike I want to know more about that DVD....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Flicker manuscript release. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL