The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Nelson Clipboards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sandstar
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Sandstar
Need a little help if anyone has info. Many years ago I bought nine Nelson clipboards. They need refurbishing. For well over a year I have been searching for the right weight of appropriate paper. I can't find anything in supply stores near me or on the internet. Does anybody have a source?
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13144 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Post office. Look at the forms section.
Sandstar
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Sandstar
I don't mean the technology within. That's easy to find. I mean the woodgrained (or clipboard looking) covering on the outside.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13144 Posts

Contact paper, it is used to line shelves and can be found in some grocery stores and hardware stores.
Sandstar
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Sandstar
All the contact paper I've seen has a shiny, plastic look. The original covering is paper that isn't glossy and makes the piece look very much like an inexpensive wood product clipboard. I'd like to maintain that look if I can.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13144 Posts

Sandstar
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Sandstar
Thanks for the link, Tony. I'm going to check this out.
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
541 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings Sandstar;
You might find this link useful:
http://www.lenderink.com/paperwood/index.htm
It will take you to a supplier of paper thin real wood veneer that will work exactly for what you need.
All the Best
Marty
Fizzban Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
and Jedi Knight
205 Posts

Profile of Fizzban Magic
In a lot of places that stuff was commonly referred to as "Mac Tack" you could try searching that as well.
vratkins
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans USA
151 Posts

Profile of vratkins
On my Nelson clipboard it looked like the cover was made of a thin kraft paper that was "wood grained" (hand painted simulated wood grain). I made my own board out of a real masonite clipboard by gluing kraft paper to the front, & wetting it to get the wrinkles out. It looked like light colored masonite.
FYI I found quite a few references when I googled "wood graining", at least one technique might be adaptable to kraft paper.
Good luck,
Victor
Sandstar
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Sandstar
Hey, thanks a lot guys. I feel like refurbishing these old boards is a combination of performance preparation and antique preservation.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2236 Posts

Profile of magicmind
I do not own this, but off to the post forms area and to see if I can find a realestate agent to show me some homes. I wish not to spend any money on this item Smile
Pay it forward
Sandstar
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Sandstar
Quote:
On 2007-02-14 15:47, magicmind wrote:
I do not own this, but off to the post forms area and to see if I can find a realestate agent to show me some homes. I wish not to spend any money on this item Smile

Okay, I'm a little slow here. There must be some esoteric meaning in this post. Does anyone have a revelation?
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2236 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On 2007-02-14 17:27, Sandstar wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-02-14 15:47, magicmind wrote:

I was making a tongue in cheek joke, just not being blatant. Sorry if it was not clear. How about this....I am to cheap, so I will goto the post office forms area (free gimmick), then off to find a realestate agent to show me homes (free wood paper/shelf liner)...I already have a C**** B****

Sorry, was adding some, completely missed humor.

Okay, I'm a little slow here. There must be some esoteric meaning in this post. Does anyone have a revelation?
Pay it forward
Sandstar
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Sandstar
Ah, now I see. It's fortunate that you already have a C******************** B***
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2236 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On 2007-02-14 17:55, Sandstar wrote:
Ah, now I see. It's fortunate that you already have a C******************** B***

You got it Smile
Pay it forward
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1726 Posts

Profile of jakeg
I have a couple of boards that I no longer use. They are in good shape, and if you are interested in them pm me. Because of computer problems with verizon I'm not using my own computer so it may take a couple of days to get an answer. (Verizon tells my that my dsl line won't be fixed until the 26th.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2236 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Nah, can make my own...see above Smile
Pay it forward
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Nelson Clipboards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL