The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » MagiCurios - Thanks from Deepest, Darkest Africa (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
456 Posts

Profile of scolman
Hi guys,
We had a great response to our Café special to celebrate the opening of the store again. Just wanted to thank everyone who shopped with us as well as those who simply visited us and made comments about the look and feel of the site.

I had to delay the launch of our Faberge and Bloodphere effects due to the influx of orders during the special but things will get back to normal after the special ends. These new effects should be launched just before month end.

Simon
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
W O W DID YALL SEE the new effects o'er yonder??

this one looks WICKED, "SHANGO TRIAL BY FIRE"..

http://www.magicurios.com/new-apparatus.html

theres a short demo video avail. as well..

damm, wish I had $$$ (I always accept donations, keep in mind)

Baba
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Baba, I never have enough $$$!

It is too bad you can't spend cat hair. I have plenty of that.

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
LMAO! Borat likes to try to trade authentic pubes...

or too bad we can trade old turbans...
Gotama
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

Profile of Gotama
Baba and Bill,

I also don't have enough $$$. I also don't have a turban. Do any of you have an effect that allows me to win the lottery? (If I win, I would get you each a SHANGO TRIAL BY FIRE).

Bill,

My Lhasa Alpso doesn't shed and I don't have a cat. I, on the other hand., am shedding hair (or my forehead keeps on growing).

Stuart
I asked the boy beneath the pines.
He said, "The master's gone alone herb picking,
somewhere on the mount,
cloud hidden,
whereabouts unknown."
(Chin Tao, 777-841, trans. by Alan Watts)
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Yeah, I too have a bit more face to wash as the years drag on....

Gotama, hold tight brother, your request is coming shortly....a bit behind still, BUT ITS DONE Smile

frat:.
Gotama
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

Profile of Gotama
Baba,

No problem, brother. I am meditating in the cave next door to Bill, so I have plently of time. Of course, he occasionally lets out a scream.

BTW, I have been working on the comments that I promised you.

Stuart
somewhere on the mount,
cloud hidden,
whereabouts unknown."
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
456 Posts

Profile of scolman
Hi guys,
Forget the lottery, meditation and prayer!

We realised that our prices are sometimes a little hard on the pockets of the working performer so we introduced a payment plan option - there's a link on our main page and in the shop.

Shango and Sangoma are two uniquely African effects that we just launched - more to follow. It dawned on me a few months ago that I've created a whole bunch of magic based on European and American storylines, yet I live in South Africa!

By the way, I prefer $$$ to authentic hair from any creature or human body part!

Simon
Gotama
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

Profile of Gotama
Simon,

I appreciate the possibility of using a lay-away type of purchase. The only question is the missing of the second or third payment. Just suppose it slips my mind or I can not get to a computer for that day (or even a couple of day before and after), would you send me an e-mail reminder so that I can make the payment (although late) or would I forfeit my order (and receive the refund minus administrative costs)?

Stuart
somewhere on the mount,
cloud hidden,
whereabouts unknown."
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Ah, by default, all missed payments result in the artifacts being handed over to me Smile

so, feel free to miss payment.....
Gotama
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

Profile of Gotama
If they have to go to someone, it might as well be you, brother.
somewhere on the mount,
cloud hidden,
whereabouts unknown."
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Sometimes the only time I break a wide smile is when I come in here.... Smile
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
456 Posts

Profile of scolman
Hi Stuart,
Of course we engage in discussions before any deals are off, so if you miss a payment we try and resolve the issue first.
You also get a portion of the money refunded if you decide to cancel the order during the 3 or 4 monthpayment period.We keep the first month to cover the cancelled order and the work that went into producing the item.
Nearly all MagiCurios effects are uniquely numbered and personalised for each buyer (so we'd rather you didn't cancel!)

90% of our existing clients are repeat customers and we want to keep it that way so we prefer to build long term relationships where negotiation and discussion is the order of the day.

So to answer your question, we do make allowances for late payers (normally 7 days) and we do send reminder e mails just before the due date and again afterwards if the payment is missed. We do what we can to reach you.

Simon
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Look scolman, if you ever have a rummage sale, ill try to make it...or, if I get famous, whichever comes first....

:)
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
456 Posts

Profile of scolman
Ha Baba! You must be a zillionaire by now. That book of yours, VO DU MA GICK is fantastic and every bizarrist should own one by now!

I am actually having a bit of a rummage sale at the moment to clear out the old stuff - the newsletter you received earlier lists the items that must go.

Simon
spidey_ak
View Profile
Regular user
Alaska
120 Posts

Profile of spidey_ak
I'm going to be sending Simon the money as soon as I can sell a kidney for Shango - Trial by Fire!
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
I love the sound and looks of "Sangoma". Will there be a clip for it?

Simon,
Nice to see things are going well for you.

Thokoza,
Jerome.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
456 Posts

Profile of scolman
Just send the kidney - delicious at this time of year!!

Thanks Jerome - clip for Sangoma being uploaded on Monday.

First two Shango's have been sold already - looks like there's a real need for African lie detectors out there.

Simon
spidey_ak
View Profile
Regular user
Alaska
120 Posts

Profile of spidey_ak
BTW, Simon, this is the guy from Alaska... I'll definitely be getting one & will think long & hard about sending the kidney to help defray the costs! =)
Gotama
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

Profile of Gotama
If I send Spidey's other kidney, do I get to defray the costs of sending his Shango (since he will no longer need it) to Nevada.
somewhere on the mount,
cloud hidden,
whereabouts unknown."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » MagiCurios - Thanks from Deepest, Darkest Africa (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL