The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paint Can Surprise by Devin Knight (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm building a fence with
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
Sounds interesting.....check out Hocus Pocus for the description (since they don't allow you to cut and paste from their site.)
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/pro......tem=8187 is the exact link

The most anticipated Devin Knight trick is now available. This trick has been one of Devin's most commercial effects. Magicians worldwide have clamored for Devin to release this. The wait is over.

Paint Surprise is one of the most original and unique ideas ever created. Based on an early idea from John Moyer, Devin Knight has taken the borrowed ring effect to a NEW level.

Performer asks to borrow a ring from an audience member. You state you will MARK the ring so it can be identified later on. You bring out a can of black spray paint and begin to shake it, stating you will mark the ring with some black paint. The audience howls with laughter at this point. As you shake the can, they hear the metal ball inside the paint can mixing the paint, it's a loud clanging noise. Suddenly, the noise changes to a softer tingle!

What? Something is wrong. You look over at the ring, but the ring is NO MORE. In your otherwise empty hand is the metal ball from inside the paint can. Could it be the person's ring is now inside the can? You shake it again and everyone can hear the ring inside the can. No longer is the clanking sound of a metal ball heard inside the can.

Magician says not to worry, there is a hole in the can and he can remove the ring that way. Removing the cap, you point to the hole in the nozzle and say you'll magically dissolve the ring and spray it out of nozzle. Yeah, right.

Picking up a blank index card, you spray a small black circle on the card. You now vigorously shake the paint can. Not a sound is heard inside -- nothing at all. This part alone is very baffling to any audience. You state that the black circle contains the ring material and will now return it to the spectator. Whoops, they need to sign for their ring. You hand them a pen and say sign your name on the card right under the circle.

You state that when the paint dries it will revert back to the ring. The signed card is then waved in the air to dry the paint. You then fold the card into quarters and show it COMPLETELY FLAT. Suddenly the card begins to swell as though something is inside. You ask the person to hold out their palm and the ring falls from the folded card.

Hand them the card to unfold. The black paint circle has vanished but their name is still signed on the card. They can keep the card to show to their friends.

Baffling beyond words and one of the strongest effects in Devin's show. Something they talk about long afterwards. Comes with special paint can, supply of index cards, metal paint balls and complete directions showing you everything you need to know. Easy to do with no difficult sleight of hand.

IMPORTANT FACTS:
NO REFILLS TO BUY
NO Real paint is used (although it appears to be) so no paint fumes
NO MESS
BONUS EFFECT INCLUDED: This is from Devin's strolling work and he uses it in strolling gigs all the time. Show a quarter, have it examined. Take it back and it becomes soft and pliable. In fact you start to bend it back and forth showing how easily it bends. Finally you take the soften quarter and roll the quarter into a little metal ball which you drop into the person's hand. You use the metal paint ball that comes with this trick to do the above effect. Explained in full detail.

I ordered this effect this morning as soon as I saw it was available, can't wait for it to arrive!!!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
I have been waiting for this thread for a long time to appear! Sounds SO GOOD! I always love Christopher's reviews so I can't wait to see what you think...may have to pick this one up!
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Yes the trick is actually made up and shipping this week. NO DELAYS. I know this trick of mine has been talked about for years and people have been waiting for it. This is one of those things that was almost TOO good to release. I really in all humility think this is one of most best releases. Probably the most commercial and very unique as far as the premise. Sure Glass Box was great but everyone doesn't do headline predictions.

This is one trick I predict WILL NOT go into your drawers. This is a KEEPER that most of you will put into your shows. Once you see the audience reaction to this you will never want to leave it out. This has been in almost every show I've done in the last 9 months. It's that strong and the method is very ingenious.

I had the paint cans professionally made for this trick so the quality is the highest possible. Many of you will have this in hands next week so I look forward to your comments. I've never been more excited over any release of mine, as I am with Paint Surprise.

The method is so clever it's one of those things you want to show them how it works because it is so clever. However, please restrain yourself. You guys and gals will have a lot fun playing with the paint can.

The most amazing thing is that NO REAL PAINT is used, so there are NO REFILLS and no mess. Yet the audience apparently sees and hears the circle being painted on. I love it!

Regards,
Devin
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
817 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Sounds like a LOT of fun!!!
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Yes more fun than any human being should be allowed to have.
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
Haha, is there a video?
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Not yet, but one will be made soon. My priority is getting this to the dealers. After the shipments go out to dealers, I will send a video to dealers. Although this is already selling well without a video just based on the description.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

It's Devin, you don't need a demo, you know it will be as good as it sounds
www.magicman13.co.uk

magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I will be ordering mine as soon as I clear my driveway of this snow and ice. New York ice is hard as rock.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-02-14 11:01, magicbuilder wrote:
Yes the trick is actually made up and shipping this week. NO DELAYS

So roughly when will Hocus Pocus have them to ship as that is where I have ordered from??? Just so roughly I know how long I have to wait! I'm so excited about this one!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
I am shipping them 100 tomorrow, some are going Priority mail, some 3 UPS day and the rest UPS ground. So bottom line is they will have some to start shipping on Monday and Tuesday, The balance of the shipment will arrive on Thursday. All orders to them should be going out next week as the trick is packed and ready to ship to them.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
This sounds really cool! I'm very very tempted to pick it up... My wallet is hating me lately...
Kevin Reylek
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm building a fence with
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
Devin...had a question for you but can't send you a PM..........???????
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
817 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
On order, looking forward to it!
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
There are some great lines in that ad, but my two favorites are:

Quote:
On 2007-02-14 08:42, Hocus-Pocus wrote:

Paint Surprise is one of the most original and unique ideas ever created.

That's a stretch.

Quote:
Hand them the card to unfold. The black paint circle has vanished but their name is still signed on the card. They can keep the card to show to their friends.

And what could be more exciting to show your friends than a blank card with your signature on it?

I'm not suggesting this is a bad trick; it may be great. I'm just suggesting Hocus-Pocus needs a new copywriter.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On 2007-02-15 11:43, Magicsquared wrote:
There are some great lines in that ad, but my two favorites are:

Quote:
On 2007-02-14 08:42, Hocus-Pocus wrote:

Paint Surprise is one of the most original and unique ideas ever created.

That's a stretch.

Quote:

And what could be more exciting to show your friends than a blank card with your signature on it?

I'm not suggesting this is a bad trick; it may be great. I'm just suggesting Hocus-Pocus needs a new copywriter.

With all due respect, there are many effects utilizing an "OTL" principle (I am not saying that this particular effect uses such a method)which leave a very strong impact with the spectator since the card that they initially signed changed in some way while retaining their signature. Also, this is just one facet of a multi-phased routine which builds upon each preceding phase to, I think, a powerful, entrtaining and magical conclusion.

Best regards,

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
The idea of a ring penetrating a paint can, dissolving, being sprayed out into a black ring,which dries and turns back into the borrowed ring is a NEW and UNIQUE idea. This concept has never been done before.

It goes far beyond the old borrow a ring and reproduce it. This a new effect using a borrowed ring. Saying it is one of the most unique ideas to come out isn't a stretch as nothing even close to this effect has been done on the past.

Respectfully,
Devin Knight
hoodrat
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
388 Posts

Profile of hoodrat
This effect sounds great, but I'm not interested in it at all (borrowed ring effects aren't my thing). I do own a few of Devin's other effects, however, and they are all great and top-notch! I'm sure this one is just as good. As always, you will be able to count on receiving a very well-written and detailed instruction booklet with this effect. Devin's effects always have very, very good instructions. Keep up the good, creative work, Devin!
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Yes, 18 pages of directions come with this, complete with photos showing every phase.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paint Can Surprise by Devin Knight (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL