The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Iced Over New Effect Released Soon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
338 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
Hey Folks,

ICED OVER by Russ DeSimone & Ed Bedrick

Here is the effect: The magician shows both hands empty. He then pours water into his cupped hand. Closes it into a fist and blows on it. Opening up his hand, the water has turned to ice.

Russ DeSimone and I (Ed Bedrick) have 6 different methods and routines to accomplish this effect. So it should be great and work for any situation. Performing for a small group of people, to a larger group. Our method can also be done close up. With a spectator 3-4 feet in front of you. There is also a tip section in the instructions for other ideas and helpful hints for performing other variations on this.

Points to keep in mind ---

1. No special glass
2. Both hands can be shown empty
3. Set up takes seconds
4. Great for walk around and table hopping
5. Can be done impromptu
6. repeatable
7. Produce the ice and then throw it into your drink!!

This should be available by the end of this month. Murphy's Magic has the exclusive on this. So do ask you magic dealer if they intend to carry this effect.

I will be glad to answer any questions on this if you have any. Sadly, this is one of those effects where I cannot tip too much without giving anything away. But I will be more than glad to answer what I can.

The retail on this effect is $25.00

Thanks for reading..
Eddy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-Creator of "TAGZ" / "Iced Over" / " TelePad" / "Penigma"
www.magicianslair.com
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Its a nice idea, must have been doen before?
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6899 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
It has been done before. But perhaps these are new methods and approaches to the plot.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Oh I'm hoping. I do not do anything like this currently and I love to use it
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
765 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Best wishes to you both on your release.
Looking forward to this new approach.
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
338 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
HI,

Thanks for your replies and comments. To the best of our knowledge our methods for accomplishing this effect is different. When we first did and started using the original idea. It did have some limitations. Then a few months ago we really got serious about going to market this after we sent the idea to Murphy's Magic. So we thought..and it all worked out. We ellimnated many of what would be drawbacks, fixed them..and came up with working for the way it would work for different performing styles as well. So there is a method for everyone.

It works as simply as I stated it in the above first post. We have also looked into what seems to be a popular post on here we read for Gerard's Water to Ice effect.. Our methods also elliminate those problems with that effect.

Thanks again
Eddy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.magicianslair.com
Bosco J.
View Profile
Elite user
New York
463 Posts

Profile of Bosco J.
Hey Ed,

Glad to hear of a new method for accomplishing this effect. I was interested in Gerard's Water to Ice effect but some of the "items" used seemed to be a potential hazard.

How "large" of a piece of Ice is "created" Ed? Can the effect be repeated "immediately" to produce more ice?

Bosco
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
338 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
Hi Usendmee,

Nice to meet you... Withthat effect.. I know there was the problem of "what to do with the ice" after you produce it. We took care of that problem.

There is nothing to make in our effect. And nothing is hazardous.

The size of the ice is pretty good. It would be like ice chunks like you would get at a restaurant. Hard to explain. You produce good size pieces.

In one of our methods it can be repeated within 10 seconds.

If you were doing table hopping.. you would be able to do your reset, pretty much while walking to your next table. No one would be the wiser.

Thanks for asking..
Eddy

www.magicianslair.com
Bosco J.
View Profile
Elite user
New York
463 Posts

Profile of Bosco J.
Great!

Something to look forward to Smile.

Bosco
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4930 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Is the produced ice cold?
Thank you,
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Do you NEED sleeves good mage?

thanx.........
Jessiah
View Profile
Inner circle
J E S S E S M A G I C
1074 Posts

Profile of Jessiah
Does it come with a small wizard you hide in your pocket?
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Hahaha....come on Jessiah, my question wasnt THAT amateur, or redundant Smile
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
338 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
Hello Good Peoples !

Sorry for the slow delay as I have been away for 3 days at a collectors show. OK..let's scroll up and see what's goin' on here....

Xiqual.... No the ice is not produced cold.. (hmmmmmm) But when it is produced you toss it back in your drink.. Now if someone wants to see it.. would be pretty rude to have to go dip their hands and fingers into your drink to get it :-D So now problem on.. "hey! Can I see that?"... "sure inquisitive spectator.. dive in." Then when they do that.. you go over and touch their food with your hands.

Gede Nibo... AAAwww don't listen to Jessiah.. There are no stupid questions... well... ah.. 'cept that one... NEXT !!! No actually.. we do have a method where you could/would be using your sleeves.. BUT we also realize that.. there are folks who do not perorm wearing them.. So ther are other methods we included in the instructions that totally get away from sleeves.. Why if you are daring enough.. and depending on the tollerance of your audience.. you can do it in your birthday suit. No..offense.. but please do not send me any complimentary tickets to this performance.

Jessiah.... to be politically correct.. they prefer to be called.. "Mini Miracle Workers".. cute lil folks they are.. only 3 inches high.. Very little care is needed. All though they hate to be confined and tend to run away.. You can buy extra lil Miracle Workers directly from me. :-D

Thanks.. for taking the time to be in here and reading guys and gals.. I do apprecdite it!
Eddy

www.magicianslair.com
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
338 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
OK.. Just in case for those interested.. and ya wanna wanna have one... Can't sleep at night, haveing trouble eatting, aching in your stomach, feeling like your gonna pass out... I do have these available directly from me right now. Gonna give ya a little special here.... $20.00 each (Free S&H). These are going to retail for $25.00 at your dealers. These should be out very soon. I know Murphy's received these last Thursday..so..???

If you want one.. You can send paypal payment to: Scorpio741@aol.com

Thanks
Eddy

www.magicianslair.com
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

This sounds fun enough for me ill check it out on payday next week.
imagealter
View Profile
Regular user
Christopher Griffin
158 Posts

Profile of imagealter
Just sent paypal to you! I look forward to receiving it!

CG
zing82
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
218 Posts

Profile of zing82
Does this need refills? Was wondering how many performances can it last per $25 bucks?

Cheers
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
765 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Imagealter,

Please let us know when you receive it.
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
338 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
Hey hey Zing...........

With the ICED OVER Effect..you will never need refills. Once you get it you are set to go..on..and on..and on..and on.

I am in no way affiliated with the energizer bunny. If you hear a small thumping in your head while reading the last line..please take 2 aspirin..if thumping persist please contact your physician. Seeing pink bunnies banging on small drum. please contact psychologist.
Eddy

www.magicianslair.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Iced Over New Effect Released Soon (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL