The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » What is this effect?//? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

knnthcv
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of knnthcv
Hey everyone-good evening.My son went into a magic store recently and had this effect shown to him.He was shown 6 cards?,and on these cards were names of women and men,etc.He was told to just think of a name and to pick the cards that had the name he was thinking.And from that the person behind the counter divined the name.As a kid,I seem to recall the same effect,only with numbers though.Now does anyone have any idea what priciple was used and where I can find that effect and others like it with the same principle>?I thank you for your time and would be very glad if you could help.
ken
Jlowhy
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of Jlowhy
http://www.sciencetrix.com/sample2.htm

I believe you are referring to this?
It's mathematical related. While the above is done with no.s, names can be used also just by substitution.
rgranville
View Profile
Elite user
Boston area
462 Posts

Profile of rgranville
You'll find this in many magic kits sold in toy stores. You'll find a write up of it in Practical Mental Magic by Theodore Annemann as the effect "Horrors!"

:banana:
knnthcv
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of knnthcv
Thank you everyone for your time.
ken
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » What is this effect?//? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL