The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Today On Oprah... John Edward & Allison DuBois (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
I remember that, I think it was during sweeps.
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
No she did the woman to salt pillar durring sweeps.

Remember they sold the salt on the Home Shopping Channel.
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
magicman812
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of magicman812
I live in the Charlotte, NC area and the replay of Oprah is on right now (9pm EST). I agree with Josh, this guy is a Crock.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3726 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Oprah didn't create the Earth, she just owns it. Now, pay your rent.

Steve
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1918 Posts

Profile of DT3
I liked that episode where Oprah made Uri Geller bend.
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
He aint a crock man.

Open your head and learn something.

Heck I learned the lesson 23 years ago and it is of value.

J ack

H.O.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
You are right, he isn't a crock. He's just the biggest ****** in the universe. And Sylvia is the biggest ******tte.

That's the only thing that people need to learn, Jim.
7th_Son
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
437 Posts

Profile of 7th_Son
Oprah for President.
"Here's to our wives and girlfriends...may they never meet!" - Groucho Marx
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
What's the over/under on how many more posts before this topic is locked? lol

I think some psychics are real but they are a lot different than the mentalism version. But if you don't believe in demons you'd probably disagree. Those kinds of psychics talk mostly about spiritual things and not "you had a dog correct?" or "who is bob?". They couldn't have a TV show or help with murder investigations. lol
Foucault
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey, USA
424 Posts

Profile of Foucault
Rather than debating whether or not John and Allison are fakes, we should be looking at why they are so successful. I have to say, I learned a lot from watching them conduct themselves during the show. Whether or not you believe in what they do, they acted professionally, and gave feasible explanations.

I was certainly more irritated by the "scientist" who refused to believe in anything because there was "no proof", "no peer reviewed papers" etc. Kind of took the wind out of her sails when it was pointed out (by another scientist) that there were thousands of peer-reviewed papers that had been published.
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
Quote:
On 2007-02-15 13:12, sebbyg wrote:
Watch the B.S. fly today on Oprah as she interviews John Edward & Allison DuBois. Oprah's topic... are Psychics for real?

It's obvious that Oprah isn't a psychic...if she were, she'd already know the answer to that question.

Did Oprah create the world?

Well...if you reverse the name "Harpo" you would need to look no further beyond the Marx.....
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
Quote:
Those kinds of psychics talk mostly about spiritual things and not "you had a dog correct?" or "who is bob?". They couldn't have a TV show or help with murder investigations. lol

Sounds like kind of psychics that are impossible to prove if they are correct or not, what an easy job..
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
Quote:
On 2007-02-15 21:57, 7th_Son wrote:
Oprah for President.

She'd never take the pay cut.
If you are not cheating, you are only cheating yourself.

Dutchco is about to put out some new Ebook: DUTCHCO. Get 'em while you can.
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
781 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Quote:
On 2007-02-15 13:12, sebbyg wrote:
Watch the B.S. fly today on Oprah as she interviews John Edward & Allison DuBois. Oprah's topic... are Psychics for real?

Check out the Penn & Teller DVD's with John Edwards.
They peg him GOOOOD.
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
And have you learned anything from John Nick?
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13152 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I've learned quite a bit from him. When he was on the SciFi channel (pun not intended) I never missed a show. He was a good teacher, illustrating how to handle some situations, and how not do handle others. Good training in dealing with people if you observe. Watching it with the sound off also gives many insights.
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
John Edward isn't even that amazing in cold reading. His big adventage is that he talks so fast that people don't have the chance to say when he's wrong. And even when they do say that he's wrong, he tells them that they are the ones who are wrong, and to check the info when they get back home.

I've learned from John that there are bad people in this world.

Posted: Feb 16, 2007 9:54pm

Quote:
On 2007-02-16 21:51, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
I've learned quite a bit from him. When he was on the SciFi channel (pun not intended) I never missed a show. He was a good teacher, illustrating how to handle some situations, and how not do handle others. Good training in dealing with people if you observe. Watching it with the sound off also gives many insights.

Also, he gives a very good lesson in TV editing..
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13152 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
We only learn the lessons we are ready for.
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
If you are talking about staying away from frauds like him because they only exploit innocent people, then I totaly agree.
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
And you make Tony's point perfectly.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Today On Oprah... John Edward & Allison DuBois (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL