The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Bicycle Vintage Design checklist (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
RabbitInDaHat
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of RabbitInDaHat
Hello to everyone reading this post.

I have compiled a list of the names and numbers of the new Bicycle Vintage Design series of playing cards. I can't find ANY information on the name or design of Limited Edition #1 : ?????

Limited Edition #2 : New Fan Back
Limited Edition #3 : Safety Back
Limited Edition #4 : Racer Back
Limited Edition #5 : Cupid Back
Limited Edition #6 : Thistle Back
Limited Edition #7 : Tangent Back

Now, my local magic shop has #2, #3, #5, #6, #7 (5,6,7 part of the 6 deck collectors pack with the booklet on card games).

Now, where can I find #4 - Racer Back's.....and what the heck is #1????

Nowhere on the USPCC website does it mention these cards (even though the back of the boxes say to check out their website to learn more about all of the designs in the Bicycle Vintage Series :@
CardConjurer
View Profile
Loyal user
South Florida
202 Posts

Profile of CardConjurer
First off, there will be 9 designs in this series, the newest one being the Racer Back. It just came out yesterday apparently.

http://www.magic.org/store/product_info.php?products_id=5911

Anyways, I'm not sure if it is supposed to be unnacounced, but the three other designs will Hi Wheel, Emblem, and Old Fan.

Your right though, I havent seen anything on the actual uspc site regarding these.
I like cards.
RabbitInDaHat
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of RabbitInDaHat
I stand corrected (thank you Smile)

so then, which is the #4 Design??
RabbitInDaHat
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of RabbitInDaHat
Hmm...the mystery continues. No one seems to know what #1, #4 are. If CardConjurer is correct, then the names of all of the cards are now known....only not associated with numbers:

Hi Wheel
Emblem
Old Fan
Racer

Those are the missing 4 designs. I don't' know the design for #1, #4, #8, #9...so I'm assuming it's those ones.

Does anyone know which go with which numbers?

I'm back and forth with USPCC on this one.
daniel1113
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of daniel1113
These would be great if they came in a box set, with one pack of each design present. However, I don't feel like buying each deck separately and paying for shipping.
Daniel M. Carrico
RabbitInDaHat
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of RabbitInDaHat
There sort of is that 6 deck box set....although it's technically only 3 decks (one of each blue & red)....because of this, I was ....um....'forced' to buy doubles of the other decks I own (#2 & #3)...just to complete the colour set.

Yes, I'm a sucker for a complete collection.
CardConjurer
View Profile
Loyal user
South Florida
202 Posts

Profile of CardConjurer
Yeah, I know the numbers... These are the numbers someone gave me, but someone said that Racer was #4, so these could be out of sequence.

1 Old Fan 1885-1894
4 Hi Wheel 1887-1907
8 Racer 1895-1906
9 Emblem 1892-1943
I like cards.
RabbitInDaHat
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of RabbitInDaHat
Please tell me they aren't being released in order? (ie: can't get #1's anymore) Smile
CardConjurer
View Profile
Loyal user
South Florida
202 Posts

Profile of CardConjurer
No, they were released in this order thus far

(#5,#6,#7),#3,#2, and now Racer
I like cards.
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1729 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
USPCC is a very strange company. I don't think anyone here needs convincing of that.

This is only a guess, but perhaps the order the cards are being re-numbered (though not released) coincide with the order in which they were first produced? Old Fans were the very first Bicycle backs ever produced, hence the #1 in the rerelease numbering scheme.

This "explanation" still has some problems though. For one, why aren't they being released in that order? Number two, what are you going to do with Rider backs, which are still and have always been in production?

Anyway, just a guess at what USPCC is trying to do.

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
RabbitInDaHat
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of RabbitInDaHat
Glad to see I'm not the only one who finds this whole thing a bit strange.

Thank you CardConjurer for the info.
xmkazz
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of xmkazz
USPCC is perhpas one of the worst run companies (or rather arm of a company, being as they are owned by Jarden) in the country.

Kaz
CardConjurer
View Profile
Loyal user
South Florida
202 Posts

Profile of CardConjurer
They didn't used to be so very bad. It really sucks now too, because to the people running the company now don't care at all about the history of the company, it's really a shame.
I like cards.
RabbitInDaHat
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of RabbitInDaHat
Not to mention how horrible their website is. There is NO information on anything useful there. Even their catalogues are not complete.

Sad Smile
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1729 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
I think something to keep in mind is that USPCC sells cards the way Ford sells cars....through dealers.

How many of you have ever bought an automobile directly from the factory? Probably very few if any of you. We go through dealers because Ford/Chrysler/Toyota, etc aren't really setup for retail sales.

USPCC is the same way, so I cut them a little slack for their terrible website (I do agree it's pathetic...better to have no site at all than a crappy one).

But I agree that their ho-hum attitude towards their history is unfortunate. There are some tremendouse works of art floating around that place, it's a shame they don't seem to think so.

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
RabbitInDaHat
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of RabbitInDaHat
True, but you'd think they'd want to hype up their products a bit by having a nice, informative website.

I guess when you're the leading manufacturer of playing cards (in the world?) you don't need to impress anyone Smile
CardConjurer
View Profile
Loyal user
South Florida
202 Posts

Profile of CardConjurer
Yeah, exactly... they have a monopoly of the card industry, my guess is that they're not exactly too worried about having a good website... I mean, besides magicians, and wholesalers, who would ever really go on their site?
I like cards.
RabbitInDaHat
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of RabbitInDaHat
Unfortunately that seems to be the case Smile

It would be a nice touch if they offered cool little "downloads" on their site. One that I can think of is a little desktop game (both for PC's and Mac's) of solitaire...that uses their card backs and fronts. That would be a really cool little thing.

Oh well...
RabbitInDaHat
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of RabbitInDaHat
Any update on any more releases? Murphy's doesn't have anything new on these cards....and it's been a while.
CardConjurer
View Profile
Loyal user
South Florida
202 Posts

Profile of CardConjurer
I talked to an advisor that deals with USPC, and he told me that sales didn't gross as high as hoped for the vintage design series. So, they're kind of puttin it on hold for a while, so we'll see if they ever bring it back.
I like cards.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Bicycle Vintage Design checklist (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL