The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Drawing... Duped! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
825 Posts

Profile of nique
Hi all.

Was just wondering how you guys would handle this.

Was doing a drawing duplication, had spectator draw an image after my intro with presentation and all. My head turned away of course.

When I got my peek, I was greeted with a blank card - she hadn't drawn anything. How would you do your reveal if you get this? Besides apparently trying to draw something then saying something along the lines of "I'm not getting anything." Smile
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
961 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
This is what Geller does (of course he's real.....) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NslCO9UNpo

at the end of the clip he does a DD
"Reality is what you can get away with."
Robert A. Wilson

"Think for yourself and question authority."
Timothy Leary
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11877 Posts

Profile of John C
I had someone do that once on a butterfly pad. She didn't click the pen out so the paper only had indented lines on it but the secret thing had the picture.

I did't know the paper was blank and drew the picture.

John
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
817 Posts

Profile of acesover
Wow. What a great opportunity. I would really play this to the hilt.

I am getting a very mixed reading. I am not really getting an image but rather a feeling. A feeling of emptiness perhaps an empty glass but I really have no image of the glass etc. etc. finall say something to the effect that I am not able to discern the image. I apologize this is the first time anything like this has happened we just do not have a connection. Yet I feel something coming from you I cannot get a mental picture of it....it just seems blank.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
Just like her brain.
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
Click the pen and jam it into her eye.
Stephen Long
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of Stephen Long
She's an idiot layman and I would say as much: "You're a bit of an idiot aren't you? You didn't draw anything." Then I would draw a moustache and glasses on her face in permanent marker pen so that she might learn her lesson.
Hello.
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
825 Posts

Profile of nique
LOLZ...

Thanks for the input.

acesover's about apologizing somewhat is something I haven't thought of.
Dr. Zenitram
View Profile
Regular user
New York
156 Posts

Profile of Dr. Zenitram
Draw a rectangle representing the blank page...
Will you, won't you, ESP with me?
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
A couple thoughts here
There are a number of reasons the person might not have drawn anything.
The usual first assumption is that they are "out to get me!" AND that it was intentional. It might also be that the person was nervous and forgot to "click the pen"- consider using perhaps a stick style with no button, and you remove the cap first; They may have literally drawn a blank in their mind, either through embarrasment or stage-fright at being in the spotlight for a moment; and depending on the venue, they may not have understood you clearly-alas I only speak English, and American dialect at that, so there might be a language barrier you are unaware of! The person might not be very good at drawing, and feel uncomfortable creating an "ugly drawing".
I think looking to what Aceover said, and realizing that there is a specific skill set you are trying to deomonstrate - a form of remote viewing..... then if you view the blank page, that is what you view. The presentation of the "vision" is the "real" and public part of the effect.
Just as in the case of Johncesta, I would hope you include thought impressions along wtih remote viewing aspect, and the presentation of the reveal here is clearly what will make or break the act. Consider something like once you have made your drawing (in the case of a blank, a few starts to something, scribbled out heavily....) have the person hold up their image first- if the page was blank- yet your "mind" has an impression, ask them to say what the image was they were thinking of, that failed to make it onto the paper. After this is done, you reveal your image. This then moves to the realm of them having to likely be honest about what happened, and you being able to call them on it in a socially polite manner
k
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
Top Hat
View Profile
Inner circle
We peed on you!
1077 Posts

Profile of Top Hat
I would move the pen around a bit and then say "sorry, I seem to be drawing a blank". This should get a laugh when she turns her card round. After that, I would get up off my chair and spit violently in her face.
TH Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
961 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
Quote:
On 2007-02-16 10:47, Top Hat wrote:
I would move the pen around a bit and then say "sorry, I seem to be drawing a blank". This should get a laugh when she turns her card round. After that, I would get up off my chair and spit violently in her face.

Who needs to be booked again?... Smile
"Reality is what you can get away with."
Robert A. Wilson

"Think for yourself and question authority."
Timothy Leary
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
817 Posts

Profile of acesover
I do kind of like jamming the pen into her eye. Talk about bizarre magic lol...
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Top Hat
View Profile
Inner circle
We peed on you!
1077 Posts

Profile of Top Hat
OK - a compromise... spit on the pen and then jab it violently up her nose.

Climax!
TH Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
825 Posts

Profile of nique
You mentalists are a violent bunch of people.

Wouldn't want to cheese you folks off. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Drawing... Duped! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL