The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » R/C cars (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magical Musician
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Magical Musician
What is the best thing that you have used R/C cars for?
BSutter
View Profile
Special user
Sitting on a pile of
578 Posts

Profile of BSutter
Getting a beer from the fridge.

They are also handy if one wishes to play a game of tag. Smile

Bill
Stuart Coyle
View Profile
New user
Australia
62 Posts

Profile of Stuart Coyle
A RC rat running around the stage.
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
In college, some friends and I were into making explosives.. we added an R/C car to the mix and had a pretty cool outcome... But I don't think that is what you were shooting for...

-Bryan
Dave Fiscus
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Dave Fiscus
I think the cleverest use I've seen for a radio-control car is the one where it is inside a hollow ball (basketball-size). Running and steering the car makes the ball roll, seemingly by itself! Don't know if these are still on the market but I saw my first one at a convention more than 30 years ago and still remember how amazed I was.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2472 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
My students used an RC car to puch a metal trash can along a board from one side of the lab to the other. The ddeatils would take too long to explain. Sufice it to say they were doing a physics project and got a good grade.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Stuart Coyle
View Profile
New user
Australia
62 Posts

Profile of Stuart Coyle
The RC car in a ball doesn't even have to be RC! If the ball hits a barrier it takes off in a new direction automagically. It's a lot of fun to watch and bamboozles people.
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
I use one in my show. My raccoon drives it. There's a picture of it here;
http://www.magicgeorge.co.uk/abcshow.html

George
thoughtsexplorer
View Profile
Elite user
Elite... not D-Lite!
424 Posts

Profile of thoughtsexplorer
Putting a much stronger battery on, blocking the wheels, and
watching how the car burns down.
Magical Musician
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Magical Musician
Quote:
On 2007-02-17 20:01, Dave Fiscus wrote:
I think the cleverest use I've seen for a radio-control car is the one where it is inside a hollow ball (basketball-size). Running and steering the car makes the ball roll, seemingly by itself! Don't know if these are still on the market but I saw my first one at a convention more than 30 years ago and still remember how amazed I was.

Do you think it would work if you were to put several little rc cars in tennis balls on the same frequency you could have an army of rolling tennis balls?
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2212 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I converted my R/C car to shoot jumbo rising cards in the air.
I also used a R/C monster truck to introduce my large parrots but it didn't work well because it wasn't that steady and it would jolt my parrots.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Random_Hajile
View Profile
New user
Xi'an, China & London, England
35 Posts

Profile of Random_Hajile
I like the idea of the tennis ball army... Those little Char-G cars would be perfect for that. On another application: I used an R/C car to stop my cat going under the bed... Amazing how fast cats can run!
Dave Lewis
View Profile
New user
Anaheim, California
83 Posts

Profile of Dave Lewis
Magic George, the 'Coon driving the car is hilarious!! Well done!!
Magic Rob
View Profile
New user
Denver, CO
99 Posts

Profile of Magic Rob
I took apart my son's remote control car and made a lie detector out of it. It took me a long time to tweak it, but I had fun tinkering with it and now it works great.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2007-02-18 14:37, magicgeorge wrote:
I use one in my show. My raccoon drives it. There's a picture of it here;
http://www.magicgeorge.co.uk/abcshow.html

George

Wonderful handling of Rocky the Raccoon! Very nice! It's harder than most people think to get that guy to seem lifelike (I'm still working with him...)
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
796 Posts

Profile of Keith Mitchell
I used to race Gas-Powered R/C cars, lots of fun, but very expensive. Too loud and smelly for Magic unless it is done outside. My R/C car is sitting in the garage rusting away.
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Comedy illusionist- Ed Alanzo does a great "Cargo Net/ Where Do The Ducks Go?" in his show and one of the ducks comes out in an R/C car.

Check it out: HERE

-Bryan Gilles
ivfour
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
233 Posts

Profile of ivfour
I had not seen that Duck trick. Thanks Bryan for putting that on.
Jerry Smile
Bedford
View Profile
Special user
Savannah, GA
661 Posts

Profile of Bedford
There is an interesting application for an R/C car on the Ultimate Card Through Window DVD by Eric James. Definitely not impromptu and can't say how practical it is since I actually haven't tried it. I guess I need to find a cheap one to take apart and play with. It needs to be one with a very small remote though.
The Alchemy Moon Collective
Find us on Gemini Artifacts
state
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of state
It would be cool to use a RC helicopter to assist in Levitation effects. Of course you would need an assistant that can fly it well. Some of the new ones make almost no noise.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » R/C cars (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL