The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Anyone seen GHOST RIDER yet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Funone
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Funone
I am going tomorrow tonight
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I'm going tomorrow mid-day, there are very mix reviews on Ghost Rider just like Smokin' Aces. I hope it will be good.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Think Electra and Daredevil...maybe even Catwoman...uh...no...better not.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I watched Catwoman 2 halloweens ago. That was a total waste of my life. Daredevil was decent, I think my mindset would change if I saw daredevil again. Electra, wow that movie was horrible. Fantastic Four was aight I remember that was the day I first learned the tenkai vanish
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I really liked Ghost Rider.

I am a fan of the comic, and thought Cage would ruin it for me. ALMOST, but Sam Elliot brought it back.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I still say the best super hero battles on film are in the comedy Sky High. The caffeteria scene is amazing.
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
The reviews I was summarized it as

A sour mix of glum histrionics amidst jokey puns and hammy dialogue.
Cards never lie
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I was going to go see it until I saw the commercial with Nick Cage doing the Ghost Rider as if he was an Elvis impersonator.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I thought Ghost Rider was alright, a little cheesy though lol
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
I like all comic movies. That's just me. I just loved them. But I absolutely hate what they did with X-Men 3. Pffff!!
Yours,

Ivan
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Like Niva I tend to like and look forward to comic movies.

I just came back from wasting my few bucks on this film. It started so slow that I wondered when anything was going to happen. Then when something did happen you saw it coming and asked yourself "so what?" So we have some nice computer generated effects. In the early days of movies this would have been considered a low end "B" movie. Wait until DVD. It was such a disappointment.

The popcorn was first rate!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
As long as your popcorn is good. They should lower their cost on that hotdog I had those for my first time they are awesome, but they are so expensive. Like almost 4 bucks for a hotdog.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I saw it last night. I knew little about the comic, so it was interesting.

I have a question. Usually in a Marvel movie, Stan Lee makes a cameo. I've picked him out in most of the other movies, including the Spiderman movies and the X-Men movies. I must have missed him in Ghost Rider. Did anyone see him?

Spoiler / comment. BTW, little nit picky thing. In one scene, Johnny Blaze was getting stiches in the back of his shoulder. In a scene almost immediately after (a few hours later), he was at home with his shirt off looking in the mirror. They flashed his back, and no cut / no stiches!

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Nice catch on the continuity error, I never noticed. I would understand why Stan Lee wasn't in Ghost Rider if he wasn't, he didn't CREATE ghost rider. I believe he created spiderman, hulk (w/jack kirby), fantastic 4, daredevil, x-men and that's why he made cameos in those movies.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Another “poser” (question to think about) in the movie (not quite a continuity issue). As the Ghost rider the character gets stabbed and when back in human form must be stitched up. Then a bit latter (seemed like an eternity) Ghost Rider gets riddled with bullets by the police. Yet this time when he returns to human form he doesn’t even have a headache! It was almost as if they didn’t have a script or know who or what the characters were about. Maybe two or three directors filmed different segments. It had that kind of feel to it.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Well lol nicolas cage wrote some of the script....
Funone
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Funone
I would have to say I enjoyed it more than not.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2007-02-19 10:47, Donald Dunphy wrote:

I have a question. Usually in a Marvel movie, Stan Lee makes a cameo. I've picked him out in most of the other movies, including the Spiderman movies and the X-Men movies. I must have missed him in Ghost Rider. Did anyone see him?

I don't know about that, but he did make a cameo appearance on the tv show "Heroes" this evening (he was a bus driver).
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Yup. I saw that.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Droopy Face is such a cornball. He even hammed up the 'Gentlemen Start Your Engines' at Daytona. His Faux-Cool is usually hilarious. I always thought his head would explode someday...do you think it really was CGI?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Anyone seen GHOST RIDER yet (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL