The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Starsini's magic pouch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Attention all magicians if you work as I do woth no jacket frank Starsini is selling a great item, a magicians pouch that clips to your belt,
' carries every thing from coins cards thumb tips ect.... j

check this out n
] the godfather
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Thanks for the heads up Vinny. Here is a link for the pouch.

http://www.theambitiouscard.com/aitem.cf......splash3a

Mark.
ralphdean
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Ca
300 Posts

Profile of ralphdean
Frank makes great pouches. I have one hanging on the back of my show case I use as a servante.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Sankey is advertizing a pouch on his website, for $20. Has anyone tried it?
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Rumor has it the Sankey pouch is rather small and many didn't like it, I held one and would opt for Franks.

johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
John, there is at least one long discussion (a couple of pages) on Jay's pouch in the “Magical Assessories” section of the Café. You can see it at:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......3&58

While I haven’t posted anything about it I do I have one (a gift) and find it fairly useless! Let me say that it is a good idea that is poorly thought out and poorly designed.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I purchased Frank’s pouch some months ago. It is still being tested under fire. Unlike Sankey’s it is better thought out and will carry an entire evenings props with ease. The best part is that there are pockets that act as dividers with space built in so that you are not fumbling for a deck of cards or prop.

If there is a criticism to be made it might be that it will seem huge to some. I think Frank designed the size (zippered back pocket) to accommodate a set of “Ninja Rings”.

I don’t do the Ninja rings but have found that I can carry my mini-chop cup (an old rings & things mini,) final loads (one knitted ball and one 1 3/8 inch steel ball bearing) with ease and without big bulges showing thru the leather. Also, once the rear pocket is unzipped and pulled open a bit, the hand goes into and comes out of it with ease. It is easier to steal a load than from a jacket pocket or a rear pants pocket.

The large back pocket will easily accommodate two decks of cards side by side and unlike the Sankey version you can actually just reach in and get them without a fumble. Putting the deck back is equally easy.

There are a number of other items that are easily carried in the large rear pocket. A very large jumbo coin (I have a five inch jumbo that I can carry with ease and still have room for more props without getting in the way of stealing the coin). Right now I carry the chop cup, with loads, a 36-inch shoe lace, a 4 ¾ inch steel ring (a poor man‘s Ninja ring!), and a bandana in the rear pocket. There is plenty of room for more.

I have one deck of cards in the open pocket next out. The deck lays on its side and is hidden from view. It comes out and goes back in easily (again no fumbling and you don’t have to look at what you are doing.

I don’t use the next pocket out (it’s an open pocket) to carry a prop/trick yet. With a deck of cards in the pocket immediately behind it, and the rear most pocket fill, the third pocket is fairly tight. A packet trick my fit. I suspect that I simply carry business cards in it. I do have an idea or two of things other than business cards that I might want to put into it. Time, using it, and experimentation will tell here.

The outer most pocket is also a zipper pocket. When open it has two coin holders sewn against it’s rear wall. It is constructed such that it can hang open a bit and act as a shallow servante’. I can carry four silver dollars and get at them with ease. I find it fairly easy to dump a coin or two into it. I carry my coins and sponge bunnies or sponge balls in this pocket.

I find that I can put an entire evening’s worth of props in this case and carry it with ease. I find that even when I don't carry it on my belt I can carry it briefcase style (by hand) just to keep the few props organized.

Presently I am experimenting on best location to wear it. I wear over my right rear pants pocket but a little toward the front toward my right front pants pocket. I seem to be able to get into and out of it with ease and without looking at it.

There are a few modifications I may make to this little pouch but I’ll use it for a while first.

In all I am finding that I can and do use this pouch.
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Harry,
thanks for the great and indepth review. Very useful . . .

I currently have Jay`s pouch, but after an initial phase, it is now very much dead and dusty in my magic drawer.

Andy
Cards never lie
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Thanks for the nice comments Harry and Vinny.

I tried to make the pouch as small as possible and still hold ninja rings.
I did think about those that might not do the ninja rings and did feel good about the decision noticing that it would hold 2 decks of cards, a hades finger chopper, final loads, etc. Each zipper pocket is about as thick as a sharpie marker and the overall dimensions are a bit over 5x5.

Everybody's requirements are different so (except for the coin slots) it was not designed with a specific spot for a specific prop (like a pen holder or business card holder, etc). This requires you to use it several times to see how it best works for you but it also allows a smaller, more effiecient pouch that can do a lot, such as loading, ditching, etc. Some may not use the rings, but instead, use the pouch to hold a load ball.

I am confident that this is definitely a pouch you will use.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Frank, interesting you mentioned the Hades’ Finger Chopper. I’m carrying my Chance Wolf’s “Ultimate Finger Chopper” and the props that I use with it for my routine. I’ve still room for a deck of cards. My little case is fairly loaded right now in preparation for a table hopping gig later in the week. I’m working on getting props easily out of and back into the case. So far all is good.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Starsini's magic pouch (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL