The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Elevator (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
wdwguy
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of wdwguy
Can anyone tell me if they have seen the "Elevator" Illusion for sale from any of the major illusion makers? I have seen Both Steve Wyrick and of course David Copperfield use them...? Just wondered if they are out on the market? or if they ever will be?

Thanks!

Steve
Oliver - Twist
View Profile
Regular user
France
170 Posts

Profile of Oliver - Twist
Hi Steve,

I saw this illusion a few years ago on magicauction.com ofr about 33000 $. If I'm not wrong it was an authorized version with written permission from Jim Steinmeyer and David Copperfield.
May all your days be magical

Oliver Twist
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
There is also the Henning version of the elevator which I believe Bill Smith sells.

(Check the major builders, one has a photo on their site.)

I have seen 3 versions (methods of the elevator) by major builders and they all look good.

I believe when the one on Magic Auction came up it was the only autorised additional one to be built, after Copperfields.

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Seems like years ago I saw this listed somewhere, and there were two alternate versions that could be performed - one "rigged" and one sitting on a base on the stage. What sort of stage rigging is required for this?
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
David Boyd
View Profile
Regular user
NYC
197 Posts

Profile of David Boyd
I saw one posted on magic auction for sell.. Although I don't know who the authorized dealer is.
Peace
David Boyd

www.myspace.com/harlemmagic
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Quite a few people present this illusion: James Dimarre, Garry Carson, Lawrence Khong, et al. Copperfield claims exclusive rights to the flying part of the illusion.
Caveat Lector
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Caveat Lector
The one on magicauction I believe actually was Steve Wyricks, but I am not sure. I have seen his close up and it looked identical. I had spoke to hime once after a show and he mentioned that it was the only other verion that was like DC's. I know that Owen Redwine, Bill Smith, Wilie Kennedy all build them. If you email any of them I am sure they would be more than happy to answer your questions.
Corrupting the art of magic, one show at a time
www.underworldent.com
www.myspace.com/johnshawcomedymagic
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Amosmc,

When it referred to "rigged" it meant it could be flown (hoisted in the air).

The one on Magic Auction had a base to stand on, on the stage.

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
bry1513
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of bry1513
I believe Oz Illusions builds one too. They have one posted on their website.........

http://ozillusions.com/elevator.html

Take care,

Bryan
wdwguy
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of wdwguy
Ahhh..The OZ one looks fatnastic! Thank you everyone for your feedback on this!
Johnnie Blaze
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Johnnie Blaze
Greg Frewin has an Owen Redwine elevator, he has used it to open his show for the past year I believe he may possibly be interested in selling it ,
give him a shout http://www.gregfrewintheatre.com send him an email ,
good luck hope this helps
John
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
I've seen the elevator in Gregs show. It has a big advantage over some methods as you can be "fully body loaded" when you are produced.

Best,

Tim
Metone
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Metone
I have seen Greg use this also. A thing of beauty when done right. I beleive Copperfield claims the exclusive righs to it.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-02-18 21:10, Metone wrote:
I have seen Greg use this also. A thing of beauty when done right. I beleive Copperfield claims the exclusive righs to it.

No.. I can tell you that Copperfield does not claim rights to this elevator. If memory serves he is one of the few who claim rights to fly the other version of the elevator.

Best,

Tim
markparker
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
350 Posts

Profile of markparker
Elevator Illusion dates back to Charles Waller there is a very nice elevator illusion is his book 'For magicians only' I am 200 miles away from my books at the moment so cannot be 100% but I think its dated 1932. The method is very practical and it all has a relevant plot, worth checking out. A bell boy & Lady with her luggage are produced in the Waller version.
http://www.illusion-designer.com - Bespoke Illusion design - Publications -Show consultancy....Vivify a collection of stage illusions limited edition of 500 copies available now.
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1105 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
I think Bill Smith builds one.
www.johnTsheets.com

See the "Quantum Bender 3.0" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

See my Dove Act here... https://youtu.be/Ms7_u46Qpp0

See the "Energy Bender" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA

See the "Table of Death" in Las Vegas trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivizLAKD7I
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

JTSmagic,

See my earlier post.

BM
Metone
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Metone
Tim, you are correct. I did some research thanks.
Ms. Morgan
View Profile
Veteran user
The Garden State
399 Posts

Profile of Ms. Morgan
The Elevator that Greg Frewin has is an Owen Redwine. It was built in 1994. John and had it built to his design for our Halloween show.
The "Hellavator", as we called it, was made to hold 2 people, John and myself. We did it as a vanish at the end of the show. We got in, shut the door and the shadow went down..."Hellavator".

This one wasn't made to be flown. It uses a different method than the other elevators out there. I'm not sure but I believe it's the only elevator using this method. The method is not new, using it in something that big is.

And it is big, frankly it's a beast, even broken down. It was shipped right from Owen's shop to the theatre, it got there a day before we did. When we showed up and told the crew the truck was still on the way they said "well, we thought your show was already here, it came yesterday."

I think it's had 4 or 5 owners now, Zigmont had it for a little while. And it's had a facelift or 2 in it's travels.

Nice illusions never die, they just find new homes.

Morgan
World Magic Award's "Escape Artist of the Year"
www.EscapeChick.com
www.illusionbiz.com
www.WackyDracky.com
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Hellavator.... Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Elevator (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL