The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Carrey's new film 23 perfect for Mentalist effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8824 Posts

Profile of pegasus
For those that are not aware of Jim's movie, which, funnily enough, will be released on the 23rd of this month, read the script below. There are thousands of references to this number on the internet, a good one being 2 divided by 3 is .666

In Carrey's new movie, the funnyman gets serious as a man obsessed with the number 23. The movie is loosely based on the `23 enigma' which refers to the belief that all incidents and events are directly connected to the number 23, some permutation of the number 23, or a number related to the number 23. The 10 highlights of the production notes list are: 1. Each parent contributes 23 chromosomes to the DNA of a child. 2. It takes 23 seconds for blood to circulate throughout the entire body. 3. In humans, the 23rd chromosome determines gender. 4. There are 23 letters in the Latin alphabet. 5. Julius Caesar was stabbed 23 times when he was assassinated. 6. The Knights Templar had 23 Grand Masters. 7. William Shakespeare was born on April 23, 1564. 8. William Shakespeare died on April 23, 1616. 9. The Titanic sank on the morning of April 15th, 1912 (all the figures add up to 23) 10. Kurt Cobain was born in 1967 and died in 1994 (the numbers of both years add up to 23) Ironically, tragic ANNA NICOLE SMITH was planning to wed partner/attorney on 23 February (07) - the same day as the film's release!

You could put together, like I now have, a pretty scary story in reference to this number and then perform PHIL (Blank version of course with 23 as the force). This will freak people I am sure.
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
See Page 249, The Artful Mentalism of Bob Cassidy.

- entity
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8824 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Why?
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
Hes has done it already, before hte film, he also has EVEN MORE facts about the number 23.

Jon Hackett
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8824 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I can quite understand that this number has been exploited for mentalism before. I am not claiming to be the first or anything, just that this film will amplify any mentalism effect in reference to the number 23.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
The number 3 has about a zillion things attached to it.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
GoranS
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of GoranS
Quote:
On 2007-02-18 11:42, pegasus wrote:
You could put together, like I now have, a pretty scary story in reference to this number and then perform PHIL (Blank version of course with 23 as the force). This will freak people I am sure.

So when You name the card You say "The name of your card is 23" or what?
Fun idea...
Doctor REvil
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of Doctor REvil
2 divided by 3 is .6666666666 recuring......not so scary now....

and anybody with a basic understanding of Numerology would add the numbers till the went down to a single figure, 2+3=5.....a good number in Numerology.

Still, looks like a good film, will go to see it.
Karma means you buy now & pay later.....think I've over spent....!

Check out my ebooks at the lybrary.....

http://www.lybrary.com/david-gemmell-m-13404.html
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Fab # sequence 2...3... (1,1,2,3,5...) (1,2,3,4...) (etc)
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4432 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
My personal favorite:

Click here to view attached image.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Wait until you see the ending of the movie. they show a certain chapter. I wont say much more but when you see the movie stay til the end.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12011 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
When did you see it Donster?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Carrey's new film 23 perfect for Mentalist effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL