The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Haim Goldenburg Evidence that Biss had awareness of the 7thsense » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
John LeBlanc
View Profile
Special user
Houston, TX
524 Posts

Profile of John LeBlanc
Since James Biss has made good on his offer, I can go on record and state that the private correspondence between Biss and both the "toy maker" and Shrink is as James described above.

I am not convinced that James set out to knock off Shrink's item. It's unfortunate that they happen to be created from the same cloth, but I can find no evidence that this is anything other than serendipitous discovery three years apart. (Let's not forget that 7th Sense was not an obvious stage prop; it was a transparent tool, photos of which were not obvious. I don't think it's fair to expect Biss to have contacted Shrink and ask if his 7th Sense was...well, you know, a specific toy.)

In light of the correspondence I was made privy to, this makes Shrink's behavior over the last couple of days disappointing at minimum.

John
Escamoteurettes, my blog.

"One thought fills immensity." -- William Blake
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
Quote:
On 2007-02-19 18:45, shrink wrote:
Is that what happened with the Buma board too?


Nope....

While both boards use the same so-called "technology" they are different as to approach, set up and use.

You apparently are under the impression that the developer of the Buma Board created the "technology" behind it, and as such was ripped off. Not true.

Shrink, why these multiple posts on the same issue?

Biss makes a direct response to your accusations here http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......5&26

Why not pull the plug on this and similar threads and address the comments on one single thread?
Good Thoughts.


Reuben Dunn


www.reubendunn.com
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
Quote:
On 2007-02-19 14:18, shrink wrote:
Im not accusing Haim of anything.


Really?

If you're not doing it directly, then you are doinging "unknowningly".

Quote:

Perhaps Haim could add to this since he is a member of the Café?

And maybe we can shed some more light on this piece of Orchestrated theft?



Are you looking for guilt by association?

If so, perhaps you might want to distance yourself from Chung, given his on history with "borrowing" anothers effect and then selling it on as his own...
Good Thoughts.


Reuben Dunn


www.reubendunn.com
Mariagi
View Profile
Special user
MIND, MYTH & MAGICK
654 Posts

Profile of Mariagi
Quote:
On 2007-02-19 23:42, John LeBlanc wrote:
Since James Biss has made good on his offer, I can go on record and state that the private correspondence between Biss and both the "toy maker" and Shrink is as James described above.

I am not convinced that James set out to knock off Shrink's item. It's unfortunate that they happen to be created from the same cloth, but I can find no evidence that this is anything other than serendipitous discovery three years apart. (Let's not forget that 7th Sense was not an obvious stage prop; it was a transparent tool, photos of which were not obvious. I don't think it's fair to expect Biss to have contacted Shrink and ask if his 7th Sense was...well, you know, a specific toy.)

In light of the correspondence I was made privy to, this makes Shrink's behavior over the last couple of days disappointing at minimum.

John


Thank you for your honest opinion Mr.LeBlanc: I trust your judgement and if its like you wrote then I also agree with you that Shrink behaviour could not only be disappointing as you say but aimed at generating S A L E S for his own gadget again.

I feel now happy to have ordered my Teslavision from Mr.Biss
John LeBlanc
View Profile
Special user
Houston, TX
524 Posts

Profile of John LeBlanc
Not to put too fine a point on this, please keep in mind that, according to the emails I read, James Biss, when made aware of the fact that both 7th Sense and Tesla Vision were based on the same "item", Biss offered to bow out, save for the current stock already out there. That was before the public eruptions occurred.

That all of this will have generated plenty of interest in Shrink's 7th Sense is all well and good; he has every right in the world to benefit from sales.

But keep in mind James initially -- and without request from anyone -- offered to discontinue Tesla Vision.

John
Escamoteurettes, my blog.

"One thought fills immensity." -- William Blake
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
And I am still appalled that shrink would toss his customers on the bonfire over a snit. Publicly revealing the guts and working of a thousand dollar unit because he specifically wanted to destroy Biss's item. And stating so baldly. He didn't care about the exposure and he stated so, and didn't care about his customer's welfare either.

And, by the way, if they are both the same thing, but one is more modified, why is the cheap one way overpriced and the one that's $700 more expensive NOT over priced...or am I still smarting over the $60 I paid for Invisible Assistant, that barely working P.O.S. that had already seen print 20 years before?

Whatever the truth behind this current argument, Shrink has seems to be a brittle ego'd and vindictive, whiner. No respect for him, I'm afraid.

I also note that he was VERY active here when he had something to hawk, but got in a snit and vanished when the sales declined (coincidence, I'm sure) but was back with a screaming vengeance when there was something else to hawk.

I wish he would grace us with his absence again...I miss the peace and quiet his absence brings.

There seems to be 2 sides to this argument. One has acted with dignity, and one has not.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Just can't help wondering about this situation and really have been considering it.

What if James only intended to ever sell the number of products already out there?
(What if James thinks as far ahead as I do)?

What if Shrinks action of exposure ruined that for James?
(He caught on to the game and put an end to it).

I still am wondering about Mr.Gross for I have never heard of a magic dealer ordering a product for sale sight unseen.
(Have any of you)

-Jim
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Cody J.H. Pace
View Profile
New user
Houston
92 Posts

Profile of Cody J.H. Pace
I agree with Tony that it is time to move on. Sadly that has not happened because Shrink will not let it go. I do not know James or Shrink, I do not own either product *my wife does want me to get her the Oyster though! Smile* and I have no stake in seeing one side win. What I have observed is some very petty behavior on the part of Shrink. James bowed out and has even taken all the products off the market but Shrink continues to berate him and just act plain nasty. Nobody cares anymore Shrink. The point is moot at this time. The world has moved on and contrary to what it appears to seem to you, the world does not revolve around your 7th and 8th sense.

I could see if James was still selling the Tesla Vision units and was being belligerent about it but he is not. Shrink, you are really painting a negative public image of yourself as childish and petty. It is to bad. You could have handled this with class but I have seen none so far. I can tell you I will not be purchasing from you in the future and for all those who do own 7th Sense, I feel sorry for them. Shame on you Shrink for exposing the unit they spent extreme amounts of money on to fulfill your need to get at James.

Cody
Arachibutyrophobia- Fear of peanut Butter sticking to the roof of your mouth.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4933 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On 2007-02-20 17:19, Tom Jorgenson wrote:
And I am still appalled that shrink would toss his customers on the bonfire over a snit. Publicly revealing the guts and working of a thousand dollar unit because he specifically wanted to destroy Biss's item. And stating so baldly. He didn't care about the exposure and he stated so, and didn't care about his customer's welfare either.



Tom, that is one of the best points made yet. Shrink basically plunged the value of his customers device by making the whole Oyster duo sex toy public domain.

Now anyone can go buy one. Sad for them. What a waste of money.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
The Doctor
View Profile
Loyal user
Gallifrey
265 Posts

Profile of The Doctor
That would be a good point if it wasn't for the fact that it is referring to 8th Sense, an altogether different beast.
The Doctor
View Profile
Loyal user
Gallifrey
265 Posts

Profile of The Doctor
Quote:
On 2007-02-20 17:33, Cody J.H. Pace wrote:
and for all those who do own 7th Sense, I feel sorry for them. Shame on you Shrink for exposing the unit they spent extreme amounts of money on to fulfill your need to get at James.


Extreme amounts of money? 7th Sense costs about the same as Tesla. Reading the thread, understanding what has been posted and the relevant facts including pricing goes a long way.
JamesBiss
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto, Canada
310 Posts

Profile of JamesBiss
I've kept my word, I hope Brian Halliday does the same.

Gentlemen, thanks for noticing. (Nobody else thinks you're "thick". Just reasonable.)

As I've stated previously, I'm willing to share my personal correspondance back and forth with myself and Mr. Shrink and myself and the manufacturer. Drop me an e-mail if you like folks. As John and others can and would attest, only one of us has been dishonest.

The defence rests.

Cheers all,

James
James Biss
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Haim Goldenburg Evidence that Biss had awareness of the 7thsense » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL