The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Music for Dancing Cane and Card Manipulations (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magicboy41772
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of Magicboy41772
I'm looking for music for the Dancing Cane and Card Manipulations. The only catch is that it must be from the 70's. I am in a talent show at my school and that is the theme...the 70's. One more thing, how would I get the words and lyrics out of a song that I find? Thanks in advance,
- Evan

Also, I can't do any tricks where I talk because my school doesn't have any kind of a headset or mic that I could put on my shirt. It is too big of a place to talk without a speaker. So ideas for stage tricks I could do that require me talking would not work. Any tips for future shows would be good though!
victorkent
View Profile
New user
Narnia
76 Posts

Profile of victorkent
Are you doing a fast paced routine or a slower routine? What is the character you want to project Manic, romantic, frustrated, cool, disco, etc?
Something to a BeeGees might work (late 70s). Imagine doing a routine to "Staying Alive"? It could be hilarious.
Go to the music store and look at their selection for that era and see if anything rings your bell.
Samantha Sangs "Emotion" might be nice for a cane routine.
Look into Three Dog Night or even early Elton John. Jackson Five with little Michael Jackson has a great range...try their "ABC" song.
-vk Smile
John 3:16
http://www.victorkent.com
http://www.kentfamilyillusionshow.com
[email]victor@victorkent.com[/email]
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6046 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
How about "Abracadabra" or was that in the 60s?
Dennis Michael
Marshall Thornside
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2017 Posts

Profile of Marshall Thornside
It's Magic
you will remember my name

World's Youngest Illusionista
7th greatest pianist in the world
Go Red For Women and Stroke Ambassador
www.mai-ling.net
Magicboy41772
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of Magicboy41772
Thanks for the songs guys.

victorkent, I am looking for a song that would go good with the way I am dressing. I am dressing up like a "pimp" with an all green suit and a hat with a feather in it. It was my friends idea...when I said "70's" and "cane" he knew what would be funny. Then when the dancing cane part is over I am going to rip it off and have regular clothes on for the card stuff. My mom is going to put velcrow on so it can come off easily. It should be great. Let me know if anybody has any suggestions on songs, clothes, etc.

Thanks!

Smile Smile Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Music for Dancing Cane and Card Manipulations (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL