The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Favorite "non" Magician Coin trick? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Larry Stangel
View Profile
New user
Rhode Island
93 Posts

Profile of Larry Stangel
I know it sounds strange but some of the most effective coin magic I've seen are quick simple tricks usually done by non-Magicians.

For instance I had a customer who could put a dime on his wrist (palm up) and with a cocking of his hand the dime would shoot about 2 feet in the air.

Another example is my dad who would put his foot on a stool and then would fold a coin into is pant leg whereupon it would vanish.

A friend of mine balances a coin on the back of his left fist and then snaps his right fingers over the coin and it vanishes.

A book store owner I once knew would rub penny's on his forearm and they would appear in his ear.

We've all seen many of these and I have even seen some of them in print. They can be a fun departure from the standard and what seems to be more complex routines that abound today. Not that I don't like the new stuff I do. I was just wondering how many of these "non"-magician quick gems are out there. Please feel free to share any you may have seen.

Larry
"you could look it up" Casey Stengel
magicman899
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of magicman899
The one where the coin is on the able and you catch it in your hand.
Coin production from ear.
Trekdad
View Profile
Elite user
Telford, PA
445 Posts

Profile of Trekdad
Don't know if this qualifies, but my daughter recently showed me one that looked great. She rubs a quarter on the back of her hand through her hand, vanishing it. We all know where it went, but the vanish looks so "real"
Barnhardt: You have tested this theory?
Klaatu: I find it works well enough to get me from one planet to the next.
The Day the Earth Stood Still
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27152 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
What's a "magician" coin trick?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
How about: "I bet I have more money in my pocket than you do." Well, the other person doesn't have any money in "your" pocket, so even if you just have a penny in "your" pocket you have more money than he has in "your" pocket, which is none.....
Where I go, so do my coins.....
Larry Stangel
View Profile
New user
Rhode Island
93 Posts

Profile of Larry Stangel
Quote:
On 2007-02-21 08:33, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
What's a "magician" coin trick?

C'mon Jonathon, lighten up. It was just intended to be a fun chat about simple yet sometimes impressive coin "tricks" normally done by non-magicians.
"you could look it up" Casey Stengel
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27152 Posts

Once upon a time, a muggle explained a locking dollar thirty five gaff to me. It was in casual conversation at a doctor's office in the waiting room. Amazing things they seem to know these days. By the way, that was over twenty years ago.
kardillusions
View Profile
Elite user
Calgary, AB
428 Posts

Profile of kardillusions
Funny thing is, 99.998% of the time, you can still get away with it...
Scott Baird
Instagram: @magicbaird
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27152 Posts

When you take out half dollars or non-currency... they KNOW you are working with "special" or trick coins.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8695 Posts

Profile of harris
No trick coins just trick hands.....is my usual response to folks that ask about tricky coins.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
morgandollarman
View Profile
Regular user
England
176 Posts

Profile of morgandollarman
Same goes with me Harris ,when I use halfs here in the uk people like to look at the "american" coins but I only let them see what I want them to see meaning if I was gonna use a gaff then I would bring that in with the reg coins after a couple of routines so no trick coins here ...well not right away lol
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Quote:
On 2007-02-22 07:10, kardillusions wrote:
Funny thing is, 99.998% of the time, you can still get away with it...

hehe I think its more then that even.

I think jon just likes to mess with people sometimes, I dunno. I uses shells quite a lot and have no problem, and if you can CP its really not hard at all to drop all coins in to their hands.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Favorite "non" Magician Coin trick? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL