The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Nothing funny at all about this video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Go here, but be prepared. It's profoundly sad: http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:Y5Mu......mp;gl=us
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
I didn't find it sad... People reap what they sow...

The last set of pictures made it worth watching all the way through! Hilarious!

Lyndel
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
I'm with Doug. Very sad. They are people's sons, daughters, brothers, sisters and parents. They all had something to give at one time. But have become pathetic.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
They should do one with people who drink too much ..it would be even more extreme
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
It is rather depressing
Cards never lie
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
National Geographic had a special on this very subject. Not only does meth age people very quickly, but it can literally rot the teeth right out of your head. If many of them were to smile, quite a few of their teeth would be missing.

What I cannot comprehend is what happened in these people's lives that made them feel the need to escape reality through the use of drugs.

By the way, yes, George Clooney turning into Mr. Bean was very funny. The point was definately made.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2007-02-21 23:20, Lyndel wrote:
I didn't find it sad... People reap what they sow...

The last set of pictures made it worth watching all the way through! Hilarious!

Lyndel

Not only do they reap what they sew, but unfortunately, and inexcusably, so do their children. When it comes down to reality, it IS sad...I speak of when it hits home...like my own town and the story of the police raid the one guy's home for meth, and the they discover in his cupboards NO FOOD FOR THE CHILD TO EAT, not so much as a box of cereal, but rather the cupboards are filled with meth and meth equiptment, while the innocent kid is crying in a corner, starving, clutching nothing but a filthy, ragged stuffed teddy bear.

I have to disagree.. meth IS sad. It is pathetically sad.
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
3362 Posts

Daff,

could not agree more. We are talking people here . . . not some props.

Andy
Cards never lie
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
True. And if they want to wreck their own lives, well, fine. But for god sakes, leave the children alone! It' a travesty that the kids have to suffer for their ignorance.
Problem is, they CAN'T leave the children alone. If they DO this crap, the kids are GOING to suffer, one way or another.

I know a woman here in Indiana, her name is Crystal. She had a baby. A BEAUTIFUL little girl named liberty..she's an absolute living doll. You just want to pick her up in your arms and just HUG her and love her.

But "mommy" don't have time to take care of her. She's too busy off somewhere f*****g up her head with meth. Daddy's in jail for the same garbage.

As it ended up, my daughter and her husband ended up caring for her and bringing her up...otherwise, she would have ended up DEAD or something. all thanks to a substance that is accursed beyond words.

This is not only deeply deplorable, it is UNTHINKABLE.

The wickedness of this kind of living stinks to high heaven. I know a man who lived two thousand years ago who LOVED the children, and he said "If anyone offends one of these little one's who believes in me, it's better that a millstone be hanged around his neck, and he be cast into the sea!"

I think that kind of treatment of our most precious resource, our children, inspires His deepest, hottest anger. I would NOT want to be in their shoes on judgement day.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
There is nothing in the world more valuable than the life of a child.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
1. Thanks for posting the video Doug. It was very moving.

2. I have waited a couple of days to reply to "they reap what they sow". It is easy to be smug, but to do so is to miss how fragile much of our lives is. Through many phases of my life, I have done things that were unwise or imprudent. Fortunately, I have lived through them all and am coming through middle age with all my parts still intact. Yet it is easy to think of bad decisions that could have killed or maimed me or my friends. I don't think that any meth addict wishes to mess up her or his life. And I don't think I'm any better or more deserving of a good life than they are.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Smug?

Perhaps a little explanation might be necessary.

Having personally been a police officer (including assignments in patrol, narcotics, and four years as a Drug Resistance Education Officer) and witnessing every drug horror known to man, perhaps I have become a bit calous over the years in my opinions of drug dealers/users.

I feel little pity for these types of people. I feel pity for the mother and child of a man that was shot in his face in front of them by one of these creeps during a home invasion burglary that I worked.

I feel pity for an elderly grandmother whose Meth addicted grandson stole everything in her home of value to fuel his addiction leaving her with no money to buy groceries or even pay her electric bill. This woman litterally cried in my arms while I was on this call...

I feel pity for the many innocent victims of burglaries and street crimes perpetrated by these "poor misguided souls."

But most of all, I feel pity for the family of a fine fellow police officer from my department that was gunned down at a young age by a meth addict who valued life so little.

Yeah, some of these people have children and they (the kids) are certainly the innocents in this type of situation, but let's place blame where blame is due folks.

They make the decision to use drugs. Next comes addiction and the need for cash to support their habbits. When their cash runs out, they steal from family and friends. When that road ends, they victimize complete strangers.

So the next time someone robs you at gun point, breaks into your car and steals your stereo, or kills your wife or daughter for their purse for some drug money - don't call the cops... These poor misunderstood drug addicts are just people like you and me trying to make it through life...

Lyndel
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
3362 Posts

Lyndel,
thanks for this . . . I now understand where you are coming from. The daily exposure and the danger certainly shapes ones perception.

Andy
Cards never lie
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
Great perspective, Lyndel and one I wholeheartedly agree with.

Doug
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Lyndel, I feel little pity for them too. My original post about this being sad simply meant that it's sad to see such a waste of human life and potential. (A mind is a terrible thing to waste and all that stuff.) Tons of it flushed down the Sh...er because of stinkin' meth.

Being a police officer, I'm sure you see what I mean about the children.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Lyndel, who are you responding to? I don't see any posts that support drug use. Nor do I see any posts that support the killing of police officers, nor of the robbery or assault of innocent citizens. Nor did anyone suggest that these people were "poor misunderstood drug addicts are just people like you and me trying to make it through life." Your post is aggressive, but it addresses nothing that anyone has put forward.

I did respond to "I didn't find it sad... People reap what they sow... " because I do find it sad. Not only for all the reasons of other people being hurt, but for the tragedy of bad decisions and for the fragility of life.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
As long as we treat drug use as a crime rather than the health problem that it is, things will only get worse not better.

Real drug education needs to be taught to our kids in school and to the public as well. Not throwing a couple of eggs in a pan and saying this is your brain on drugs but actual education using the known facts.
Not everyone can be conviced to leave drugs alone but with proper education and avoiding the funny and cute B.S. campain's and slogan's maybe we can start to set this country straight again.
-Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Nothing funny at all about this video (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL