The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » I saw the "Biggest Wand" and it is Awesome!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
Hi Gang!

I just got back from spending the last Four Days in Las Vegas attending the World Magic Seminar.

While I was there I got to meet Brian & Rebecca of Creative Magic as they were one of the Dealers in the Dealer's Room.

I got to tell them in person just how much fun I have been having, and what terrific reactions that I have been getting with their "Bigger Wands" set over the last couple of months.

While we were chatting they asked me if I would like to get a "Sneak-Peak" of their Newest Addition.
Of course I said yes, and they proceeded to pull out the "biggest wand"!!!

Let me tell you.....it is over 12 feet long, and is much bigger around than a Basketball!!! Later on they had it standing up in their booth against the back wall and it was SO BIG, that it was visible from anywhere you stood in the entire Dealer's Room!!!

They then told me that I could pre-order it and they were hoping to start shipping them at the end of March.

I then quickly pulled out my wallet, paid and pre-ordered mine on the spot!

I really don't know just how much detail I am allowed to say about it, (Perhaps Brian will chime in here), but I will say that I was very impressed with the quality of the item!!!

If you own Bigger Wands, then the Biggest Wand is a must have!!!

On a side note let me say that both Brian & Rebecca were Super Nice people!

They really seemed to care more about me as a customer, and not just like a dealer trying to get my money! Smile

I just can't wait to get mine delivered!!!

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
MikeBent
View Profile
Regular user
Boston, MA
174 Posts

Profile of MikeBent
Was it inflatable and covered with cloth like the rest?
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
How is it inflated? A battery pump, mechanical or by mouth?
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
chris mcbrien
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1235 Posts

Profile of chris mcbrien
Wow, what a great review, Frank!
I will definitely check this item out, as I have Bigger Wands and get huge reactions from it in my show...
Best Regards,
Chris
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Frank,
I' ve also seen the biggest wand, and it's huge! I'll use it in my larger shows, I can't wait to use it the first time!
Bigger Wands already gets a huge reaction, I think people will be in shock when they see the Biggest Wand!
Anyway, Brian and Rebecca are great people, and Creative Magic is certainly one of the brightest, most innovative magic companies around! Great job Creative Magic!
frogstomper
View Profile
New user
Gold Coast, Australia
59 Posts

Profile of frogstomper
Can you tell us how much the biggest wand cost you?
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
I think that the price that I paid may have been a "Convention Special".

I'm not sure exactly what Brian & Rebecca are going to be selling them for.

Again, I don't know just how much I am supposed to say abou it as it is not ready for general sales yet.

I put in a call to Brian to ask how much I can say, and when he gets back to me I will tell ALL that I can!

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
O.K. Gang!

I got the Green light from Brian to give you folks all the specifics!

The BIGGEST WAND is indeed Inflatable, however it is not like some cheap vinyl Beach Ball, no sir-ee! Think of one of those new air mattresses that are so popular nowdays. It is a very thick vinyl.

In fact, the nozzle in which you inflate it is the very same type used in air mattresses! It has a big, (Half-Dollar sized), one-way air valve for EASY Inflation.

You WILL need to buy an air source, such as a mini-electric pump to inflate it. These can be purchased at Wal-Mart, Target, etc... for about $10-$20. Brian says it takes about 15 SECONDS to inflate it!

It DOES indeed come with a cloth covering just like the Bigger Wands do, however the cool thing is that the vinyl is colored just like a wand in black with white tips!

Technically you could use it with or without the covering, however I reccomend WITH, as the vinyl is somewhat shiny, and the cloth covering matches the other wands exactly!

The cost for this beauty is $65.00 + Shipping for a limited time as pre-orders.

I have a feeling that they will go up in price after that just like the Bigger Wands did!

I suggest that all of you out there that want one, give Brian & Rebecca an email and place your order today

=Frank=

Frank Thurston

Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
A picture is available somewhere?
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Thanks for the info magicmanfrank - I am sure that they are excellent quality - creative magic would never release anything that isn't up to their high standards. I am looking forward to seeing a photo of one, and also ordering one myself.

Did he give you an estimated street date?
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
They are hoping to start shipping by the end of March.

=Frank=

Frank Thurston

Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
I can second Frank's comments from the WMS. The construction seems quite sturdy and this thing is huge. Creative Magic has successfully established itself as an innovative and quality builder of professional magic props and this entry will clearly live up to that reputation.

Dan.
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
Frank,

thanks for the heads up for those of us who didn't attend the WMS...I just sent an email to Creative Magic requesting they add me to the list.

Smartini
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
You are very welcome!

You guys are going to LOVE this thing!!!

=Frank=

Frank Thurston

frogstomper
View Profile
New user
Gold Coast, Australia
59 Posts

Profile of frogstomper
I'm on the pre-order list too. This one should be a lot of fun. At the moment I take a photo with all the kids holding the 7.5 foot wand, at the end of the party. A good shot for marketing purposes. The 'biggest wand' will look even more impressive in the photos. I can't wait to get it. I better get my wide angle lens ready!!
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
A wide angle lens indeed! This new wand is at least 1 foot in diameter and has to be more than 10 feet long. This certainly will easily make a nice group photo op.

Dan.
BtheDreamer
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of BtheDreamer
Well I am glad to hear everyone is so excited about this project I have to admit it has been a fun one for us as well.

So here are some facts from the horse’s mouth as they say...

Size: 12 feet long 1 foot wide!
Size of bag: 2 feet by 9 inches (large enough to hold a pump as well)
Comes with Bag, inflatable and fabric covering – works with most any pump (not included)

NOTE: We decided to not include the pump because many people already own a pump or some will want a plug in pump while others will want a battery pump not to mention that different countries have different power sources and so on.

As mentioned above we have found what we think is the best air nozzle for the inflatable you can get. It has a one way valve on it so that you don’t have to worry about turning off the pump and then quickly closing it. (I like this a lot) also we had smaller valves that took nearly 10 minutes to inflate and deflate this one takes less than a minute.

It says above only 15 seconds and in Frank’s defense I am sure I said that because compared to the prototypes we had it seems like just 15 seconds but I did time it and it is 45 secs with the pump I have (I am sure it will be different depending on the power of the pump)

Now the price on the Biggest Wand will most likely be $85 when it comes out but we are offering a preorder deal for $65 plus shipping.

The kicker here is if you preorder before March 15th we will cover the extra cost to air ship those first units in so they should be ready to ship by the end of March or first of April. The rest will be boated in and that means they won’t get here till the first of May.

Well I think that about covers it. If you have any other questions please let me know!

Thanks

B
frogstomper
View Profile
New user
Gold Coast, Australia
59 Posts

Profile of frogstomper
Hey BtheDreamer,

I sent you guys an email asking to be added to the pre-order list, but I don't know if you received the email or not. Exactly how do we pre-order?

Josh.
BtheDreamer
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of BtheDreamer
Hey frogstomper, (you don't really stomp frogs do you?) Smile

don't worry, Rebekah will contact everyone this week and process those preorders. right now we are just trying to catch up on orders we missed while out of town!

but don't worry we will get you on the list. (unless of course you are really are stomping on frogs because that aint right!)

have a good one

B
Metone
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Metone
Great info however can someone provide a link to see or order the wand? Thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » I saw the "Biggest Wand" and it is Awesome!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL