The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » What is the Best Cold/Hot Reading source? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Hello everyone,
I would like to get peoples' opinions on what they feel is the BEST source on cold reading and why.

Best
Ray
PK
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of PK
Quote:
On 2007-02-22 06:45, Magical Dimensions wrote:
Hello everyone,
I would like to get peoples' opinions on what they feel is the BEST source on cold reading and why.

Best
Ray

Any books from your local bookshop on either palmistry, Numerology or the Tarot are the best way to go.

The best way is to learn a real divinatory system and then start to practice on friend etc.

Richard Websters books are fantastic and full of business ideas.

Check out anything from Craig Browning too.

I would say to get a book on numerology to get started and learn to give readings for real.

Avoid Ian Rowlands book, it will not teach you to give readings.

Everything you need to get started is available at any good bookshop for less than £20.00!

Doing it for real is the only way to go.

Regards

Kevin
Hill
View Profile
Inner circle
1164 Posts

Profile of Hill
Friends reunited is good for hot reading, you'd be amazed the info people will put in the public domain.
thoughtsexplorer
View Profile
Elite user
Elite... not D-Lite!
424 Posts

Profile of thoughtsexplorer
I recommend Herb Dewey's works
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Palmistry is one of the best ways to 'start' this kind of thing as everyone has a palm and it's very personal. But I would say that wouldn't I? To be honest, once you get the lines down, you'll find that expanding on what's just looking you straight in the face is all you need. Call it cold reading if you will. But don't mistake Cold Reading for just 'getting on with it'.
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Quote:
On 2007-02-22 06:45, Magical Dimensions wrote:
Hello everyone,

Best
Ray

day to day observation of the people...
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Kevin:

All good points.

Tony
Jim Reynolds
View Profile
Elite user
Special Guest
431 Posts

Profile of Jim Reynolds
The original question was for a cold reading source. Nothing was mentioned about wanting to do legitimate readings. Base on Ray's avatar and username, I suspect he is a magician wanting to spruce up some mental effect(s).

If that's the case, I liked the e-book, Tradecraft.
fred200
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of fred200
Cold reading sources some of the best are the works of Herb dewey but is hard to find and expensive...
The dance by Brad Henderson a really nice book but hard to find too..
For more practical sources check the avobe work cold reading by tradecraft full of information and not expesive.
Another favorite one passages by Gail Sheehy easy to find in any book store the same as pathfinders these book are full great stuff for readers or cold readers.
The full fact book of cold reading bi Ian Rowland maybe not the more loved for readers but very practical for magicians..

The leath technique for David Lee this one is a crash course in cold reading and a nice anagram using tarot cards you can get this directly from him via e-book.
Easy readings by craig browing nice the same as his far-reaching predictions these one from mevproshob in e-book too.
Simple ESP reading system by Alam Strydom in e-book too concta him he is member in the Café.

Antithing by Richard Webster fill the bill too but I find the psychometry from A to Z one of his best.
Check the website of Doug Dyment he has a very complete guide of sources in cold reading too if you have more interest you can send me pm.
Hey Tony were is you're book in readings coming out??
fred200
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of fred200
About hot reading sources some interesting works are the private investigator handbook by Chuck Chambers's
Lee Laping the vol 3 of his Anything anibody.
Find it online by alan m Schlein.
Now if you ask me get the passages book and learn a system this will save you a lot and I mean a lot of money and time.
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
Magical Dimensions...

What are you going to do with the readings?

I must also add I cannot be more excited about Bev's Speed Learning Palmistry book and tick sheet.

Unlike most reading material when you are done with this you will be able to do a reading.

It is worth it to get the tick sheet too...it aids learning and people absolutely love getting them.

This is simply the fastest way to learn how to do a very good palm reading I have ever seen.

No matter what you do with readings Bev's work is a very good basis to work from.

From there the best recommendations depend on your goals.
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Passages by Gail Sheehy
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-02-23 20:43, mota wrote:
Magical Dimensions...

What are you going to do with the readings?

I must also add I cannot be more excited about Bev's Speed Learning Palmistry book and tick sheet.

Mota, my goal is to be able to read people through their body movements and how they react to me. I like to appear as if I am the real thing. I do not want to get into what is real and what people may think is real. With pratice anyone can see little things more clearly then others. I know this and want to learn.

I want to project the image of a mind reader without all the MAGIC PROPS.

Sure I am a magician but I am seeking a new path. The only mind reading stuff I see are store bought mental magic. I do not like them. I just do not like mental magic effects. I do not like clipboards, center tears and stuff. I do not want to tell someone to add this number to that number etc.

If I were a real mind reader I would just look at you and read your thoughts and tell you about things that you would only know with plenty of showmanship!That is the path I want and I need some guiding.

I want to start a new image and a new market in which to make money. This will help support my habit of EATING! LOL

The only cold reading that I know is the 12 basic phases that you can find anywhere. I have the booklet from Lee Earl with these phases.

Anyway that is where I am coming from.

Where can I find Bev's Speed Learning Palmistry book and tick sheet.

Best
Ray Noble
Carlos the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1234 Posts

Profile of Carlos the Great
Hey Ray,

A quick google search gave me this:

http://store.payloadz.com/str-asp-i.2846......ail.html

PS- I think you may want to rethink your opinion on something like the center tear if you really want to get into this as a money making type of endeavor. Just my opinion of course but I have found it very effective both during shows and in getting shows booked. Many people don't use one and do fine but it never hurts to have it in your arsenal.
Cognite tute
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Carlos the Great (Man, that has a good ring to it)

Thanks for your view, I will re-think my thinking.

Thank you for finding that web page on the Palmistry book and tick sheet. U DA MAN

Best
Ray
Carlos the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1234 Posts

Profile of Carlos the Great
No problem at all. We exist to help one another.

Regarding a center tear... I tend to think of it along the lines of a double lift in card magic, something that I like to know I can go to if I want but not something I necessarily need to use all (or any) of the time.

-Carlos
Cognite tute
scaress
View Profile
Veteran user
salt lake city
337 Posts

Profile of scaress
I read that Derren Brown used to get a hold of someones wallet and copy the Credit card # ON STAGE.

that's probably the best example of Hot reading I've ever heard. no astrologer will ever tell you that (unless you were dumb enough to give it to her)!
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
You don't need to do a search for that Palmistry ebook
It's mine! Link below
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Quote:
On 2007-02-23 22:22, scaress wrote:
I read that Derren Brown used to get a hold of someones wallet and copy the Credit card # ON STAGE.

that's probably the best example of Hot reading I've ever heard.

What's that got to do with hot/cold reading?
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-02-24 03:34, bevbevvybev wrote:
You don't need to do a search for that Palmistry ebook
It's mine! Link below

S0 you are Bev! All righty then..... Sorry that I did not know you, kind of getting into this mind reading gig. LOL

I will be placing a large order next week and your Palmisty book will be one of them! Is haveing a tick sheet needed to enhance the reading?

Best
Ray
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » What is the Best Cold/Hot Reading source? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL