The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » What is your goal with magic? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
What are your goals in magic? In order to reach your goal remember, "Conceive, Believe and Achieve."

Conceive: Put your plans together. Have them written down. Read the plan sheet everyday.

Believe: Have faith you will accomplish your mission. Do not let fear fool you.

Achieve: You have made it to the finish line.

Good luck to all of you with moving that mountain.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3225 Posts

Profile of gaddy
If I never have to pay for a drink in a bar again, I am very close to my ultimate goal in magic.

If I can make a modest living performing 5-6 shows a week, then I am even closer.

I have very few pretensions to "stardom" however I have no problems with that either...
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
My only true goal in magic is to be able to make a comfortable living by performing magic and not having to hold down a "regular" job. I have four years to get through college before it becomes a serious concern though, so I believe I'm well on my way already!
KyleThorson
View Profile
New user
Raleigh, NC
98 Posts

Profile of KyleThorson
At this point my goal is to learn card magic so I can entertain my friends. Much to their dismay I'm sure! I don't have any plans to make money from it... I guess if I ever get really good at it, that could change.

Kyle
Robert Apodaca
View Profile
Special user
504 Posts

Profile of Robert Apodaca
Short term goals.

1st I want to make it into the Magic Castle Junior Program.

After that I want to make business cards and start promoting myself for private parties as well as find a restraunt table hopping gig on the weekends.

I audition for the Junior Society this March. I'll be practicing till then.

Those are my goals as of right now.
Screen
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Screen
My only goal is to have fun.
MattWayne
View Profile
Special user
Manhattan, NY | Studio City, CA
624 Posts

Profile of MattWayne
Just continue being able to do what I like the most. Never had a real job; I wouldn't know what to do if I couldn't do this!!!

best regards,
T.
Matt Wayne
The Celebrity Magician™
www.CelebrityMagician.com / youtube.com/celebritymagician / twitter.com/RealMattWayne /
Facebook.com/CelebrityMagician

Creator of, 'Got a Light?' and others.
Spokesperson behind, TouchTricks
blink_inc
View Profile
Loyal user
Hamilton
278 Posts

Profile of blink_inc
Bring a positive, magical experience to all that will accept it.
To bring out the inner child in those that have forgotten about their youth.
Free beer.
To be great at something different.
To do something that "You" can't.
To satisy my need for an alter ego.
Maybe make money one day.
I am a Sankey addict....please, help me!

My name is Will, my company is Blink, an experience in transposition.
munkywrench
View Profile
Loyal user
Conway, SC
295 Posts

Profile of munkywrench
To make someone smile. That is my only real goal in magic. The other stuff is just extra.
Family Biz. https://www.facebook.com/dreamweaverconway/
Disciple of the Close-Up Kinda Guy PH.
Balloon Blast Video Show junkie.
Supporter of http://www.myrtlebeachmagician.com/
Retired Demo Dude
IBM #334 supporter
Jlowhy
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of Jlowhy
Good question. I thought about it and reflected about what magic was to me and my goals.

Magic is a hobby to me and the much of it is to entertain myself as well as my family, friends, people I meet.

I think magic is very meaningful and can be used for various purposes even beyond just performing it as a living. It can be used to surprise loved ones, motivate and give hope to others by demonstrating miracles, use it to tell stories that teach lessons. Very versatile.

My goal in magic is to use it to enrich my life as well as others, to give myself and others experiences that are special and memorable.
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
Quote:
On 2007-02-22 16:02, Screen wrote:
My only goal is to have fun.

Well said. Distribute the fun to everybody.

Best,
msc455magic
Habu
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas / Alabama
393 Posts

Profile of Habu
My goals in magic will evolve as I delve further into the folds of the fabric of magic.

OK, that was kinda hokey, LOL.

I am building my inventory, and routine, to get back to where I was once before in children's party magic. That is my immediate goal.

My goals are to build a successful children's entertainment business including Magic and Art, then to expand that to include stage performances for schools.

Once I have achieved that level, who knows?
www.magicbyhabu.com
Habu: Taken from SR-71 spy plane I worked on. It's name came from a poisonous snake on Okinawa. Hope my magic isn't poisonous!
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
My goal is to bring pleasure to my life.

Everything else is ancillary.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
ibm_usa
View Profile
Special user
In Your Mind, Ky, USA
722 Posts

Profile of ibm_usa
Put smiles on other people faces, be well known and liked, own a theatre, make a fortune.
"You may think that i only talk of things from the past, you know, history, well magic is history"

-Guy Jarrett

"Curiosity isn't a sin Harry, but it should be exorcised with great caution."

-Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
http://www.jordanallen-mentalist.webs.com/
Mark Wilden
View Profile
Veteran user
San Francisco
375 Posts

Profile of Mark Wilden
Josh, I couldn't have put it better. Life is so much simpler when you understand and accept the real motivations for what you do.

///ark
JackScratch
View Profile
Inner circle
2151 Posts

Profile of JackScratch
Entertain my audience and please my client. Provided those two criteria are met, I would also like to bring enlightenment to my audience, but the first two criteria must be met.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16232 Posts

Profile of tommy
To get David Copperfield in a game of poker and skin him. Smile

Apart from that I think I would like to invent something really cool. I would not perform it, as I am just amateur card guy. I would like to give something back to magicians for giving me so much pleasure as a fan.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
robert bianchi
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of robert bianchi
Quote:
On 2007-02-23 21:22, Josh Riel wrote:
My goal is to bring pleasure to my life.

Everything else is ancillary.

[quote]On 2007-02-22 12:46, gaddy wrote:
If I never have to pay for a drink in a bar again, I am very close to my ultimate goal in magic.

I am a combination of these 2 thoughts. For example, last night my wife begged me not to fill up her purse with magic when we were going out for drinks with friends. So, for some reason I decided to bring with me an invisible deck, only. I have recently been going back to the small classics, and really working on better presentations for them to try to make them look really special. I have found that in the past, I would move too feverishly from one effect to another. I have been watching some magicians of recent origin and have been impressed how they have taken such basic effects and made them transform from "magic" to the "magical" if you know what I mean.

I eventually wound up doing the effect adding a lot of jokes along the way when the ID was in specs hands. The people were blown away (probably due to the drinks also), and had a good time laughing at the jokes during the presentation.

Some guy I did not know apparantly left shortly thereafter and picked up my bar bill for the entire night. Not that the money is an issue, but I obviously made his night for him and that alone made me happy. So, we both benefited.
blink_inc
View Profile
Loyal user
Hamilton
278 Posts

Profile of blink_inc
He gave you a little magic by paying the bar bill for you.
I love it when that happens.
I am a Sankey addict....please, help me!

My name is Will, my company is Blink, an experience in transposition.
AntonDreaming
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester by the sea
622 Posts

Profile of AntonDreaming
To live a life that others look to for inspiration, for so many others have inspired me! I LOVE MAGIC!!! I love juggling, sword swallowing, escapes, uniycling, stunts, ect. These are the greatest gifts in my life, other than my wife, and enjoying them for the rest of my life is my ultimate goal!

Anton
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » What is your goal with magic? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.31 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL