The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Kolossal Killer! (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
EventEntertainer
View Profile
Inner circle
Look Ma!
1110 Posts

Profile of EventEntertainer
There are also many great variations in KK 2010.
unclesamayen
View Profile
Elite user
Taiwan
459 Posts

Profile of unclesamayen
I have original KK and Killer Konception but didn't know that there is an updated version.
I'll go check it out.
Thanks for the information!

YuYen
Comedy, Mental, Busking.
Performing magic for the blinds.
http://youtu.be/nW3O0nucQUI
Busking in Mong Kok
http://youtu.be/WqohXqTxRVU
pkmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Paul knight
140 Posts

Profile of pkmagic
Heres my two penneth and my personal favorite way of doing KK - simply combine Mark elsdons scripting with the Kollosal Killer wallet.

By using only picture cards (and by that I mean ALLpicture cards), you avoid the off by one completely, so for the spectator a perfect hit everytime.
pkmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Paul knight
140 Posts

Profile of pkmagic
That is of course if you wish to avoid the off by one sceanrio!!
mmstudios
View Profile
New user
Frazeysburg,Ohio
30 Posts

Profile of mmstudios
My favorite presentation is,"oh wow! I cant believe I ran into you!this is so great,i gotta show you something(reaching for wallet)"i had a DREAM last night that I ran into you here!this very place. you handed me a playing card and told me to hang on to it because it was your lucky card, you and that you would pick it up later. (wave wallet at him)i put it in this wallet! it was so real , that when I woke up this morning I couldn't quite remember if it had really happened. I had to actually look into the wallet to see if a card was there.i was actaully kind of surprsided there wasnt. but I get out my deck of cards and tried to remember which one you gave me and I ended up putting it in the wallet just to see what it felt like. does any of this sound familiar? do you have a favorite card?what card would you have givin me?"he answers, and you look dumbfounded,almost shaking....slowly open wallet and hand him the card."amazing...well,... heres your card back"
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1548 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
For anyone who performs there own verison of Kolossal Killer you can now buy the Killer Wallet on it's own.

http://www.wonderwizards.com

http://www.tonycurtismagic.com

Tony Curtis
Mush
View Profile
New user
Melbourne, Australia
13 Posts

Profile of Mush
Quote:
On 2011-03-04 02:23, Tony Curtis wrote:
For anyone who performs there own verison of Kolossal Killer you can now buy the Killer Wallet on it's own.

Tony Curtis

Tony,
Does the wallet work with pocker size cards, or do they have to be bridge cards?
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1548 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
Quote:
On 2012-01-10 21:02, Mush wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-03-04 02:23, Tony Curtis wrote:

Tony Curtis

Tony,
Does the wallet work with pocker size cards, or do they have to be bridge cards?

You can use poker or bridge size cards.

Tony Curtis
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2574 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
This thread suddenly popped up again after a 10 month rest. I've just read through it and discovered some of my own posts!

I still stand by them with regard to this effect... but I wanted to comment on another post in this thread that referred to Greg Acre's variation of this effect, 'Scorched'. Greg was kind enough to send this effect to me and like John Archer's routine Greg has taken what I see as the weakness of the effect and like John structured it into the climax and put it front and centre. This is what I believe this effect requires in order for it to be equally as strong regardless of the final outcome.

Maybe because I've seen him perform it, in my opinion John's routine is still the outright best but Greg's routine is also an excellent version of this effect. I would go into why I think Greg's routine is excellent in more depth but a stolen laptop in Barcelona last November means that I unfortunately no longer have a complete detailed copy of Greg's excellent routine at my disposal.

If you like this effect though I think you'll really like both Greg and John's take on this effect.
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
hefemexy
View Profile
Special user
546 Posts

Profile of hefemexy
Is Kolossal Killer or On the Mark , by mark elsdon, anything like bang on? Is there a major difference, I'm looking for an effect like that but I want to be able to show both sides if possible.
Okay, I give up what was your card?

https://www.facebook.com/lionsmagic

Look nothing up my sleeves, but you're not wearing sleeves

https://www.facebook.com/lionsmagic
Walking Bob
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of Walking Bob
What is the advantage of having the Killer Wallet to perform this effect?

Thanks and have a nice day,

Walking Bob in Iowa
serge storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
378 Posts

Profile of serge storms
Quote:
On 2011-03-03 10:24, pkmagic wrote:
Heres my two penneth and my personal favorite way of doing KK - simply combine Mark elsdons scripting with the Kollosal Killer wallet.

By using only picture cards (and by that I mean ALLpicture cards), you avoid the off by one completely, so for the spectator a perfect hit everytime.

I love the Paul Harris "one and only" method of narrowing down the choices; using that method, combined with the Kolossal Killer Wallet (or any wallet you choose to put your cards in) is the way I've done this for years. I mention that as you mention using only the picture (court) cards above - I'm not certain what method it refers to specifically, but it sound similar in getting the choices down to where you would like them.
As with any effect; the method that YOU think works best for YOU and gets the result YOU want is what matters.
"Overkill is Under-rated"
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1109 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Quote:
On 2012-01-26 22:52, Walking Bob wrote:
What is the advantage of having the Killer Wallet to perform this effect?

Thanks and have a nice day,

Walking Bob in Iowa

One can certainly perform KK with a regular wallet. I have some friends who do this and it always goes over extremely well. However, I've always used Kenton's Wallet since it has the ability to show the "bills" area being completely empty after removing the one card. This convincer isn't absolutely necessary, and I'd reckon that the majority of people successfully using KK don't use Kenton's wallet. But for me the advantage of the convincer is worth it. I also use the little black envelopes that come with the wallet. Kenton mentions in the instructional write up that he prefers not using the envelopes, but I feel that they add a bit of theatrical framing to the trick.

Best,
MJ
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1548 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
Quote:
I also use the little black envelopes that come with the wallet. Kenton mentions in the instructional write up that he prefers not using the envelopes, but I feel that they add a bit of theatrical framing to the trick.

Sadly the factory that made the special black Killer Envelopes for me in Bangkok has now closed but I still have a few packets left in stock.

Tony Curtis
CarlEJones
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, Texas
446 Posts

Profile of CarlEJones
Just ordered some envelopes Tony.
Thanks!
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1548 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
Quote:
On 2012-01-27 23:13, CarlEJones wrote:
Just ordered some envelopes Tony.
Thanks!

I will send them to you by air mail on Monday.

Tony
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1600 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
I've used the KK Wallet for several years, and a regular wallet before that, but have never used the envelopes. I just found them last night, and plan on trying them out.

Anyone care to share how you use the wallet with the envelopes. PM if you wish.

Brian
coosticks
View Profile
Regular user
London
124 Posts

Profile of coosticks
I've been doing KK and heirloom (with the heirloom wallet) for a while and I've been looking for similar yet, perhaps, even stronger effects.

through this thread I've read about 'bang on', Mark Elsdon's 'on the mark', Archer's 'educating Archer' (not sure if that's the effect name or a book/dvd) amongst other things.

What should I get do you think? is "bang On" less effective that Elsdon's effect? (I understand that B.O. needs 2 wallets which isn't necessarily a problem for me)

would appreciate some help in my decision making on this!

I'd really like to hear from anyone who's used both (or more) of these.

Paul
MTaylor2002
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of MTaylor2002
I used KK for years until I tried Richard Osterlind's "Richardwave". I only use Richardwave now. In my opinion, it combines the best of KK, Bang On, Brainwave and Invisible Deck at a fraction of the cost of any of them, and it leaves you absolutely clean at the end. I have never understood why more hasn't been said about this fantastic effect.

- M. Taylor
Boo de Hoop
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
101 Posts

Profile of Boo de Hoop
Quote:
On 2012-01-29 03:47, coosticks wrote:
I've been doing KK and heirloom (with the heirloom wallet) for a while and I've been looking for similar yet, perhaps, even stronger effects.

through this thread I've read about 'bang on', Mark Elsdon's 'on the mark', Archer's 'educating Archer' (not sure if that's the effect name or a book/dvd) amongst other things.

What should I get do you think? is "bang On" less effective that Elsdon's effect? (I understand that B.O. needs 2 wallets which isn't necessarily a problem for me)

would appreciate some help in my decision making on this!

I'd really like to hear from anyone who's used both (or more) of these.

Paul

Untill now I never saw a similar effect, that is stronger than KK or heirloom. In the right situation both hit the audiance extremly hard, especially then it is not the di***t h*t. Personaly I do like heirloom a little bit more, but that's only a purely matter of taste.
Sorry for my English! My German is a little bit better ;-)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Kolossal Killer! (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL